Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hadlee's Second Grade Poetry Recital

This was one of my favorite moments yet!!!
Hadlee's Second Grade Poetry Recital ~
she chose the Shel Silverstein poem,
"For Sale" and she knew just who 
she wanted to use as her prop!!!
It was seriously too cute for words!!!
We worried that Huds would not actually
go up on stage, but he did!!!!!!!
(Of course a little bribery sealed the deal!!!)
I was so proud and amazed at how my little
girl memorized this speech all on her own.
She is GREAT at memory work.
She's such a smart, bright little thing!!!
She didn't miss a beat on her poem:)
Big Huds didn't miss a beat either.  
He went straight up there when Hadlee
came out on stage and she grabbed his
hand and he stood there like the little
champ he is!!!  Absolutely ADORABLE!
Such a cute poem!  Hadlee's animation
and sweet little voice were perfect.
I wanted to buy the brother!!!;)
Well done, Sister & Brother!  Well done!!!
Jersi did a softball poem and she 
was precious, too!!!!!!!!!
Mrs. Bain surprised me by braiding
my sweet girl's hair!  Love that woman!!!
Proud Daddy!
Addy, Haddie, Jersi watching the next class...
They are so precious and sweet!!!

Love my little girl's sweet smile...
In my opinion, these two stole the show!!!  ;)
Grandmother was quite proud herself!
Not only has Hadlee gained a new
precious friend this year, Jersi...
SO HAVE I!  I love her mom, Cora!
Already such a dear friend to me:)
I love how God works. 
My little girl.  I couldn't love her more!
Grandmother bought him;)
We love Mrs. Bain!!!
Hudson & his Girl :)
Mrs. Bain uses pizza boxes that the kids
decorate to keep the students' writing in all year.
After the recital, we got to see their pizza
boxes and take them home.
Hadlee LOVES to write and was so excited
to show us all of her papers!!!
Addy & Haddie
Proud little girl:)
She loves to read, too!  :)
That night Hadlee read every single paper
to me from her box.  I was tired, but I couldn't
resist.  She was so proud of each piece.
I love this girl so much. 
Preparing for and watching Hadlee's 2nd Grade
poetry recital made me remember my own. 
I also did a Shel Silverstein poem,
"Eight Balloons".  A teacher stood behind
the curtain and popped a balloon each time
I spoke of one being popped.  I remember
I had drawn #1 meaning I had to go first...
and I also remember the teacher had
to prompt me more than once because
I was so nervous and kept forgetting lines.
Very different from Hadlee in that sense!;)
I also vividly remember that my mother 
had me a shirt to wear made at Tshirts Plus
with eight balloons on it.  
Such a reminder of how much my 
mother always did for me.  
Nothing though could beat this memory
of Hadlee reading her poem with her little
brother standing beside her as her "prop"!

"Brother for sale,
only 50 cents.
Brother for sale,
he's not a big expense.
You can hug him, you can bug him,
you can buy or rent.
Brother for sale, only 50 cents.

Would anyone like to buy a
slightly used big brother?
Even if you have one now,
trade him for another.
He will help you with the chores
and he's really clean.
The only problem is sometimes
he can be so mean.

Brother for sale, twenty-five cents.
Brother for sale, he's not a big expense.
You can hug him, you can bug him,
you can buy or rent.
Brother for sale, twenty-five cents...." 

By Shel Silverstein

No comments: