Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Trav's Next Step

Superman TRaViS!!!!!
Looking handsome as ever these days:)
Especially with his gorgeous mama!
I treasure every second with this guy.
What a miracle.
I would take him everywhere I went
if he wanted to go;)
Of course it's hard sometimes because
it's so easy for him to fall especially
when I also have THE STORM
to tend to...but so worth it.
Worth.Every.Second. 
I usually say LOTS of prayers for him
while we are together. 
What am I saying?
I say lots of prayers for him
even when we aren't together. 
Last week, he finished up another
session of Baylor Speech.
Alex was a very sweet and wonderful
therapist.  It was nice getting to know her.  
The end of the semester conference
wasn't as positive as they have usually been.
He just didn't progress as much as usual
this session.  I think he was tired (DUH...
who wouldn't be doing speech over
and over) and I'm pretty sure not getting
the therapy at Hillcrest alongside
this therapy hurt him, too. 
(Insurance has cut out so he can't
go to Hillcrest for speech or any
therapy for that matter). 
My tears couldn't stop falling during
the conference.  I just can't help it.
This guy works harder than anyone
I know...and not to much avail
It breaks my heart and I guess
hearing it loud and clear
makes it that much harder to bear. 
The head of Baylor speech told us
that if their program was based
on insurance & progress that they
would not be able to continue either.
Thankfully Baylor is NOT
and they aren't giving up on him!!!
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!
There's still so much HOPE left
in this guy, in me, in our family...
and most of all in GOD!!!!!!!
"We have this HOPE as an anchor for
the soul, firm and secure."
Hebrews 6:19
Some federal funding has recently
become available for Travis to have two
more months of rehab in a brain
injury facility.  CNS in Dallas
wants him back!!! 
We loved his time at CNS and felt
they were the best place that he
went during the first year after
the accident.  Travis really doesn't
remember his time there, but he
did the bulk of his recovery there.
If all goes accordingly he will
return there on June 1st. 
He's excited as he knows this is
what he needs.  It will be HARD
on him, on us, on everyone. 
Harder on him than I think he realizes,
but I truly believe this is such
a good and amazing thing to come
back our way.  Please be in prayer
leading up to his return to CNS
and that it will be just what he needs!!!
 
On days when the tears won't stop
falling over this situation or I learn
of another person in my world
battling cancer or I see someone
hurting or I don't understand
why things are the way they are,
 I comfort myself
by thinking about Heaven. 
I love the thought of everything being
made clear and perfect
and all the pain and sadness in
this world being GONE.
LONG GONE!!!!!
I'm not ready to go yet...unless
Jesus appeared and took my
family and me today, but
still what glorious comfort it is!

1 comment:

snekcip said...

Oh Mindy it is SO GOOD to visit blogland and see SUPERMAN TRAVIS in the post!! I have always said "God has special plans for Travis, He is NOT THROUGH WITH HIM YET." I saw this quote awhile back and it spoke to my soul. I think it speaks volumes about Travis journey as well.

"life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood"

Travis remains to be a walking testimony to ALL that knows the journey he has traveled. It is so good to know that Travis will be returning to Dallas. God is still working ...and many of us are still praying.