Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Special "Star Student" Award :)

In February, Walker's teacher sent
me an e-mail that she and his other teacher
 had written to the principal about Walker.
Apparently each week the principal chooses
a student to receive a "Star Student"
award for the week for the entire school.
You never know if or when the student
you nominate will get the award.

To our teacher's sweet surprise and ours,
Walker received the award the day
she sent us the e-mail!!!
Mr. Everett had chosen
Walker right away!!!:)

We were so proud of our boy!!!
Of course he failed to mention the
award when he got home that day!!! 
Upon my prompting, he then told
me all about being called on stage and
that the principal had read some
"nice stuff" about him! 
He couldn't remember what it was though!
Typical guy!!!;)
Walker also received this award one time
last year and we never knew for
 what or who had nominated him.
I was so thankful that his teachers
e-mailed me about it because
whether he had received the award or not,
we were SO proud and SO honored!

Here is the note...

"I'd love for Walker Pierce to get the
Star Student someday.  He always works
hard, listens carefully, follows
directions cheerfully, and is friendly
to everyone.  His cousin, Travis, was in a serious
car accident this summer. 
Walker has spent many weekends traveling
to visit his cousin and gave up his own
Christmas afternoon at home to
celebrate in the hospital with Travis. 
He helped to organize our class to make
cards and delivered them.  Instead of
spending his weekends playing at home
with friends, he often serves Travis, his aunt,
and his uncle by spending time at Travis'
bedside talking, playing games, reading and
encouraging him.  Walker cares
about everyone he meets, and
routinely places the needs of others first.
He is kindhearted and an encouragement
to all he meets including his old friends,
new kids that come to our school,
his family, and his teachers. 
His positive attitude and caring
heart make Walker a great
candidate for Star Student."

Thank you so much to Mrs. Donahoo,
Mrs. Bain and Mr. Everett.
The words written in this letter
mean the world to Troy and me.  
We are so touched and so 
overwhelmingly proud of Walker!:)

Walker,
Nothing could make your daddy and
me prouder than hearing that you are
kindhearted and friendly and everything  
else Mrs. Donahoo put in this note.
You have been amazing to Travis this year
and it really brings your mommy to
tears to see your caring and sweet
heart exposed the way I have.
You are one special little guy
and I thank God for you every single day.
You will always be my one and only...
My Walker D
I love you!!!

3 comments:

Caryn said...

Seriously!! WOW! What an incredible note about your precious boy and what a sweet heart he has to serve others. There really is no better gift for a mommy than to hear others praise your kiddos!

I had so many things I wanted to say when I ran into you at VBS that I didn't say any of them! But, we are praying for your superman Travis and your family often and love keeping up with you via the blog. :)

Mrs. Davison said...

I am so not surprised that Walker is the boy he is. You and your family are the epitome of love, support and kindness. I, also, wish we lived close. It would be so much richness. Love & prayers...

Beth E. said...

What a sweet note his teachers wrote...it makes me cry, too! Soooo proud of Walker!