Thursday, June 2, 2011

NYE Twenty-Eleven!!!

Want to know why Haddie has such a
sad face in this picture taken on
New Year's Eve of 2011?!?
 Because she and Walker were fighting
over who got to hold Big Huds!!!
At least it was for a sweet reason!;)
This is much better, Princess Pie...........
 "Play all day!  Rock all night!" 
You go, Walker D!;)
 We had a very low key New Year's...
which was just the way we wanted it.
There was no other place I wanted
to be than home sweet home
with my little family of five! 
I certainly have LIVE entertainment there!!!;)
 I have to be very delicate when I
think about the year we had. 
Dickens' phrase in A Tale of Two Cities
couldn't be more applicable for our 2010...
"It was the best of times,
it was the worst of times..."
Obviously I look at 2010 as the year that my
family's life was changed forever
because of Trav's accident.
As much of a miracle as we are experiencing,
the Travis that we knew for 21 years will
never be the same.  My heart will forever
mourn over that, but at the same time I will
embrace the new Travis AND
the miracle that he is still with us!!!
So as far as the "accident" part of 2010...
that falls under the worst of times.
On the flip side though...
2010 was the best of times
It was the year that we were blessed
with the surprise of our lives:
Hudson Jack Pierce!!!
 
 He has done nothing but bring
JOY and LOVE and LAUGHTER
 to our lives!!!
God knew we needed Hudson
and we are SO very VERY thankful 
for his sweet little life!!!
 Here's to more Hudson
(and more Walker & Hadlee!!!!!!!!)
AND
to more miracles for our
Superman in 2011!

2 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

Here here!

Beth E. said...

What a great way to start the new year...they probably managed to stay up later than I did! ;-) Bill and I fell asleep on the sofa. The boys woke us up in time to watch the countdown to the new year - and the ball dropping - on TV, then they wished me a happy birthday and we all went to bed! Exciting, huh? lol