Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Winding Down...

I totally assumed that our Christmas holidays
would be CRAZY with getting ready for
Baby Love and all that goes along with that.
My sweet hubby totally lived up to his promise
and had the nursery painted and ready for
me to decorate long before the holidays.
My friends and family have treated us
with things we needed for Baby Love's arrival
and there just hasn't been any stress on me!
I am SO, SO thankful!!!
Bless my hubby's heart...it's been a
different story for him with the
construction going on!

Last Tuesday, we took the kids with us
for my 37 week appointment...
I guess knowing 100% that this is my last
baby to carry, I have truly cherished each
moment and each kick and each smile
from Walker and Hadlee in regards to
this pregnancy. Well, to be honest...
there was no cherishing going on during
those first 22 weeks or so but the last
half has been WONDERFUL!
I've even caught myself telling people
how I feel like I could do it all over again.
My, how us mommies forget!
Even though I love him, I have always called my
doctor, Dr. Strong Arm. During my first
two pregnancies, I never even came
close to dilating on my own. So far it appears to
be the same thing this go round;
therefore, these checks are terribly, awfully painful!!!
All that to say, at 37 weeks
I haven't dilated which is fine by me.
I'm hoping for a fully cooked Baby Love,
although we'll take him anytime He is ready!!!
(Update...now at 38 weeks and
maybe dilated to a one!!!)

Experiencing this pregnacy with Walker and Hadlee has absolutely been the sweetest! They have been just the cutest little things in regards to their baby brother. When I lie down with Hadlee at night, she always rests her hand on my belly. And she loves to ask me what the baby is doing. Hadlee is so into her baby dolls and I am praying that will carry on over to the REAL baby!!! You can't help but worry yourself sick over how your other babies will adjust, ya know? This little angel is my shadow and I hope and pray she does okay! She is something else. Look at her 'going to HEB to get some groceries...'

while sporting her high heels & side ponytail...

...and stopping to change her baby's diaper!!!Then there's my Walker D!
Oh, that boy...there will never, ever be another
Walker D. Pierce!
First of all, we learned at my doctor's office
that he now weighs 66 pounds! He's so tall
and big and handsome and sweet and quirky.
I couldn't love him more!!!
He has loved his sister and has been the
best big brother a little girl could ever dream
of having (other than the occasional moments!).
He really never even missed a beat when she
arrived in our lives. He was so glad to have her.
I pray that this is the case again with
Baby Brother...but oh how I worry!
He has become so self-sufficient and I
don't dare want to take advantage of that
when I have another baby to care for.
Just the other day I came home from the
store to find this on the kitchen cabinet...
Walker had cleaned out his underwear drawer
and left these for the baby!!!We have truly just enjoyed our holidays.
The kids have either been the best of
friends or the worst of enemies! Oh yes,
they can fight it out with the best of them!
More than anything, they have played very well
together and had a ball with their new toys.
Co Co gave Walker this Star Wars
science volcano lab for Christmas.
Like his daddy, he loves him some science!We've enjoyed doing things like this, making
lots of messes and playing games galore!Probably my favorite part of our holidays
has been the mornings. Troy has been off
of work and each morning at different times,
Walker & Hadlee will crawl in bed with us.
It has usually been in the 7:30 am range.
Each just crawls into the middle of us
without making a peep to bother us.
I love their little personalities because
when it's Walker, you'll hear his iTouch
turn on and he'll start playing his games
(with his head phones on).
Sweet Pea ALWAYS gets out of bed
and gathers the very same 'friends'...
pink puppy, Hello Kitty, pink bear,
and her heart puppy.
All of them crawl into bed with us and she'll
choose either Daddy or Mommy
to snuggle up to.
Not long after a little bit of snuggling,
you'll hear her say,
"Would somebody rub my back?"
You just have to do it...
how could you tell her no!
I have secretly treasured these morning
moments even if I lie there and act like I'm
still asleep. I know all too well that
Baby Boy Love most likely won't
wake quite as sweetly as these two do now!
I've also thoroughly appreciated T-Daddy
letting me get some extra snoozes
after they have all officially gotten up!

It has been a WONDERFUL holiday!
Thankful, Thankful, Thankful...
am I for the holidays I've just experienced.
I know our lives are about to be CRAZY
so these days have been really nice.
Troy, Walker, Hadlee and Baby Boy Love...

I love you more than words could ever express! I hope I can be a good wife and mother in the days to come! Thank you for being my everything(s)!!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

Nothing says love like hand-me-down underwear! lol Seriously, Walker seems to be so loving and giving with his little sis, and NOW his baby brother.

I know that Walker and Hadlee will be wonderful with the new baby. After all...they have such thoughtful, loving, and giving parents as wonderful examples!

Hugs,
Beth

Shannon said...

He is going to be the BEST big brother. I know what you mean about being so self sufficient. Landon is the same way. I have to make sure I don't take advantage of that too often because he still is my baby...just my biggest baby! Hadlee is also going to love having a real baby to play with! You will be amazed at how well they adjust.

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Bawling my eyes out over here! I was ready to go to bed and then after reading this all I can think about is your sweet family. God is sooo good! You guys are the perfect little family over there and we just love you guys to pieces!

angie said...

Oh Mindy girl that is your sweetest post yet! It almost makes me want to have another...almost:-). I know that your mind is probably swirling with questions and wonderment but I just know your two will adjust beautifully. You look amazing, and I cannot wait to meet this baby.

Ps the onesie from your sweet sister is AWESOME and I must know where the Star Wars volcano came from? Ryan wouldlove that!

Bekah F. said...

Hey Mindy,
I've been following your blog for a little while (hopped over from Mo's blog), and I just have to tell you how much I love your blog and what a sweet little family you have. I'm the only girl in my family in between two boys (just like Miss Hadlee), so even though she and I are some 20 years apart in age, I feel as though we are kindred spirits :o)
She will grow up feeling so safe and loved having her brothers (and her daddy!) by her side. And let me tell you, she will think long and hard about what boys she will date because of the fear of introducing future boyfriends to her brothers, ha! There was just something about having two brothers that instilled confidence in myself (along with a little spunk). My mom says all girls need a little spunk to succeed in this world.

I'll be praying for the safe and healthy delivery of baby boy love!

Bekah