Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Due Date, Duds and Diapers

Today was my 39 week check up at
Dr. K's!!! My very last appointment as a preggers
chick EVER!!! This is my nurse...sweet as can be!
She's been with me through all three
pregnancies! Troy and I just love her!
We adore all the ladies at Dr. K's office...and they
love us (they like T-dawg the best actually).
T-Daddy Love never missed an appointment...
...not a one...
...for THREE pregnancies in a row!
Since I am still only 1 cm dilated,
Big K (another name I've given my doctor)
told me we would induce on my actual
due date next week...
ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!
(Unless of course Baby Love changes his mind
and decides to arrive on his own before then!)This news prompted me to make sure
our bags were packed...HJP's is ready
and waiting. Check out the 'Blessing Ring'
that we ordered for our hospital door...I absolutely LOVE it and can't thank
Elaine my sweet, new friend at
for making it!!!Since Daddy or Grandmother will most likely
be dressing the two VIP's who'll be coming
to meet their baby brother...
I had to get their duds ready as well!!!
My AMAZING mother-in-law made
Walker and Hadlee the most adorable
shirts!!! Can't WAIT for the big sis
and big bro to have them on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And finally...yesterday, Hadlee and I came
home from dance to find these TREASURES!!!
Troy's wonderful work friends surprised him
with a diaper shower!
We are so overwhelmed by their
kindness and generosity!
Could there be a better gift?!?
Especially for a third baby!?!?!?!?!?!??!I'm talking 1,284 diapers and 1,000 wipes!!!
I know it's been almost four years since
my last baby, but this will get us through
the first year, RIGHT?!? ha ha!Seriously, this was such an amazing surprise!

People are so good and kind.
Troy and I are BLESSED to know
so many of the very BEST.

Praying for & waiting for
our sweet Baby Love to arrive!!!

12 comments:

Alison H. said...

I can't believe your due date is fast approaching. I pray that everything goes smoothly for you and baby "Hector's" arrival.(that is the name, right?) just kidding. I can't wait to see pictures and know that your healthy baby is here!!!! Hang in there and savor these last moments before you are a family of 5!!!!!!

angie said...

Yea!! Only seven days until we meet Henry?(or Hank or Hermes or Highlander:-)) I am SO excited for y'all I can hardly stand it. Those big brother, big sister shirts are amazing!!! And the diapers and wipes are such a blessing. Soak it all up my friend.

Jennifer said...

Hi Mindy,
I've been reading your blog since the beginning but it's my first time to comment. I just love you and your family! I feel like I know you guys since I read about you and your precious kiddos so much. I just wanted you to know you have a friend that you don't even know about who is praying for you and that sweet new baby boy. I have three kids too (one precious girl who is now 16 and two handsome boys 14 (in February) and 11. Its hard to believe they are so old already! Enjoy this time with your precious little ones and especially that new baby because the time literally flies by. I can't wait to meet your new boy--I know he'll be precious! It's so fun to spoil the baby of the family. Ours was spoiled by all-- even sister and brother. Praying for you and your family. Love, Jennifer

Shannon said...

WOW!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AN UPDATE!!! Like Angie said...we cannot wait to meet Mr. H! Hummmm......Hudson, Harrison, Hewey, Herman....just can't wait! You are beautiful! You better be bringing a lap top to the hospital to keep us updated as things progress next week!

Katie said...

Mindy ~ I am so excited for you. You are SO prepared and organized, it's great!

I love the bag and blessing ring. I definitely want to get a ring like this for # 3 whenever this happens. Thank you so much for showing it.

melanie, aka Mo said...

I just cannot believe that you are one week away! and dangit if you are keeping that baby's name a surprise! Can't wait to know it! We are excited about Hoolio's arrival! Mo

Kimberly said...

HORACIO!!! I love it! (that was ALMOST Marc's name..can you imagine??)
We MUST talk before next week! I am so excited for all of you my sweet bestie! I love all your prep work and the diapers, wipes, etc. YOU ARE READY and it is going to be great! As they say in Oz...NO WORRIES!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

We CANNOT wait to meet baby H Love!!! This post has me sooo excited over here. Nothing but good times ahead! The shirts are adorable and the blessed ring is sooooo cool! God is sooo good.

You can see the light at the end of this tunnel! There will be a new baby in da Hood soon. YEAH!!!

Loves you dearly~RoRo

Unknown said...

yaay!!!! All those outfits are so cute!! Can't wait to see the baby!!! :D

Misty said...

My heart is full of happiness for you! Your family will be complete in a matter of a few days! You will be in my thoughts and prayers leading up to baby's birth!

Love the big sis/big bro shirts!

Beth E. said...

I.AM.SO.EXCITED! I can hardly wait for little Herschel (or Hernando, or Hector) to get here!

Or, maybe his name's gonna be Hayden? Or how about Hunter?

Love the shirts for Walker and Haddie...I know they are thrilled it's almost time for their baby brother to be born!

Love,
Beth

Beth E. said...

P.S. I've never heard of a blessing ring before. Sounds like a wonderful idea!
P.P.S. A diaper shower is a wonderful idea!