Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Pierce Party of Five

As soon as Troy possibly could, he left
the hospital to go get the Big Bro and Big Sis
(while our family was admiring the wrong
baby! and the nurses were moving me to my room)
!
He and I both couldn't wait for
them to be with us.
There was nothing like
THIS sweet moment with my first born...
Walker arrived and he was SO over
the top EXCITED!!!
He was SO SWEET to me
(at this point I was very nauseous) and
SO EXCITED to see/meet his baby brother. He had that Build-a-Bear ready!!!
Heart beat and all...
Big Sis came in not knowing what in the
world to think! First of all what was
mommy doing in that hospital bed
(and of all times, I got sick RIGHT as
they walked into my room!) and then
why were SO many people there!!!
I don't know about for her, but this certainly
made things all better for mommy!
Just another sweet, sweet "moment"...In an instant, this little girl grew SO much to me!
As did my love for her...
Daddy quickly took the kids down
to see Baby Brother in the nursery.
Aunt Kitty & Aunt Lynna weren't
too far behind to see this happen!I wish so much that I could have seen
all of this ...Walker was holding Hudson's bear through
the window and the sweet nurse noticed...Guess what the nurse did?!?
LOVE IT!!! Hudson looked pretty content
with his new bear AND with seeing
his Big Bro and Big Sis admiring him...
The wonderful nurse also dressed
and put a diaper on the bear...
I think T-Daddy was experiencing his
own 'moment' right about now...
I just don't think Little Miss knew
what to think...bless her sweet little heart!
Apparently Walker fell head over heels
in love with Hudson! By all accounts
I was receiving back in my room,
Walker was immediately SMITTEN!!! Finally the silly twosome came back to my
room so we could wait for the nurse to
bring Hudson to our room!Little Miss Big Sis was much happier when
there wasn't a crowd around. There was
a lot to soak in for my little princess!Finally, Baby Love was back in
his mommy's arms!!!
The camo baby brother bear was
swaddled, too!!!
BLISSFULL!!! What a little dumplin'!!!And just like that......THERE WERE FIVE OF US!!!
The Pierce Party of Five!
I could really do an entire post on
Walker and the way he reacted to
the birth of his baby brother. It was
truly unbelievable!!!
I knew he'd love his brother, but I just
didn't really think it would phase him
much. OH MY GOODNESS!!!
He stepped into his role as BIG BROTHER
like I've never seen before.
He was and is CRAZY about Hudson.
It as been AMAZING to watch...
Out of all the pictures that were taken,
the one below is probably my favorite.
This is MY LIFE in one picture...
my husband and my three
children. Late that night after
everyone had left and it was just
Hudson and me, I went through
all of the pictures. I cried when I found
this one. I just love it for so
many, many reasons. I could look
at it all day long...Well, I could look at all of these
all day long to tell you the truth!!!
I am so thankful that these
moments were captured on camera
(Thank you, CO CO!!!)...
I'll treasure this sweet memory
of my family coming together FOREVER!Sweet girl was so cautious and sweet
with her baby brother. Melted her
mommy's heart...
NONE of us could get enough of
our newest little family member!!!
Can you tell?!?Dr. G (our doctor whom we love) stopped
by to check on the little man and gave us
a perfect report!!! Praise the Lord!Co Co (Kelli G) was beyond amazing helping
to take care of Walker and Hadlee AND
by taking so many pictures and videos for me!!!
LOVE her to death!Hudson is a bundle of God's Goodness, I tell ya!!!Basically since I was feeling so nauseous,
they gave me something to knock me out for a bit.
T-daddy and the kids went home to nap
themselves and then they came back rip,
roarin' and rarin' to tackle their roles
as Big Bro and Big Sis!!! Mommy was ready
this time, too!!!We immediately went down to the nursery
to beg to have HJP back in the room
with US where he belonged!!!Look at our Baby Love!!!
He was finally here!!! Walker asked if he could push his baby brother
back to our room! Our sweet nurse let him!!!Of course Big Sis helped, too!!!Another favorite pic of mine...I don't know that I'd ever been happier
than I was on this day.
I just really can't put into words how incredible
Walker was/is with his baby brother!
It has been AMAZING to watch...
Our best and closest friends came to meet the
little guy! We were so happy to hug their
necks and thank them for EVERYTHING!
Robin had just pulled an all nighter at our
house after we left for the hospital at 2 am.
These two have done so much for us. Travis showed up to meet his new little cousin.
It's my oldest holding my youngest!
Travis was the first little baby I ever
loved like crazy crazy! Now he's 21!!!
I have to say it again...........................
And then there were FIVE!
I still can't believe it!!!Who is that dumplin' peeking from
behind his swaddle?!?

Bright eyes!!! He was so alert and made such eye contact with us. It's like he just knew us!

He most certainly fit right in...I quickly realized that LOVE does indeed MULTIPLY!!!

Sweet faces, sweet sounds, sweet love...

Walker's teacher Mrs. Gingerich came to meet Hudson. Walker was SO PROUD and didn't mind showing his emotions over his little brother AT ALL!!! We are so fortunate to have the teachers we have for Walker since it's quite the year for us!The Grandparents couldn't stay away either...It was such a perfect, peaceful day!!!This is Nurse Sharon! We fell in love with her when we had Hadlee three years ago. She became our friend back then. We were THRILLED when we found out she was our nurse AGAIN! She's AWESOME!!! She did everything for me and took the most wonderful care of Hudson!T-dawg loves her, too!!!

Hadlee's highlight of the day was when
Mrs. Janice and Miss Adrianne came to see her
(at least she thought they were coming to see just her!).
It was so precious seeing my Haddie's face
when the two of them walked into our
hospital room. We are beyond blessed by them.My Beautiful Macy Girl!!!
Of course she came to get her some sweet love!
The birth of one of my children wouldn't be
complete without Macy there!
Logan, too! I'm sure Hudson will be a Logan fan
in no time at all...just like Walker and Hadlee!
I have THE most supportive and loving
family AND friends EVER!!!
Before Walker left that night,
he just had to hold his baby brother again.
I'm telling you...this was something
to behold. Best Big Bro EVER!!!It was quite different because Troy and I
decided it would be best for him to
go home and stay with Walker and Hadlee
rather than them staying with someone
else and him staying with the baby and me.
Watching T-Daddy leave with my
first two babies made me tear up
both nights. Then I'd look over
and see this little love and I knew
that all was right in the world.
We would all be together at home
in no time. I decided to savor
the moments with my new baby...This was taken late, late Sunday night...
Hudson's birthday. January 17, 2010.
My sweet Sunday baby.
He'll be LOVED forever.

11 comments:

melanie, aka Mo said...

My Ellie and I are lying here in bed studying every picture! She has so many questions, and is now asking for a baby too! (a boy!) She is lying on me and saying, "Is this how you held me when I was a tiny baby?" And I had to coerce her to let go of my hand to type this. Lately, she only wants to go to sleep holding hands. SOOO precious! I am a bit overcome with emotion with your posts. (and I dont' say that often.. not really the touchy feely type... as we have discussed), but I soooo remember these feelings of total and utter BLISS! Also watching my "baby" seem like such a big girl when the new one arrived. And just wishing we could all stay piled up right there forever (even if it was in a hospital), because "ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD!". I am so happy for you. And amidst all the reading a picture looking, Ellie also said, "I want to go see Hadlee one day." We are going to have to make that happen! Mo

Unknown said...

So So sweet! I have tears in my eyes reading this. You have such a beautiful family!

Beck said...

So sweet Mindy! What a blessing to bring another sweet, healthy baby into your amazing family. Hudson was born one day before Brynne's birthday! I am thinking of you often and hoping that everyone is adjusting well at home. Walker is proving to be such a great big brother! When Brynne was born Landon wasn't too sure. We had a rough few days when we first brought her home. It was not easy, but now Landon and Brynne are the best of friends. He was only 18 months old, so he didn't really have the ability to understand exactly what was happening.

I love the pictures. You are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends. I hope you are getting enough rest, LOL, and enjoying every minute with your 3 babies (:

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

oh my goodness, Is that Dr. Graham???? He was Grayson's Pediatrician too:D WOW!!! It really is a small world :D Just praying loads and loads of happiness on you guys. I know you already have it.:D

Karen At Home Blog said...

What an amazing post Mindy, your friend captured some beautiful photos!!! The whole story brought tears to my eyes, you are an amazing Mom with such a beautiful heart. Congratulations on your beautiful family.

Karen

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Oh, this is the BEST! Way to go CoCo on the great pictures. Every one of them is AMAZING. I don't think I have ever seen you and Troy look so happy! Your family is FULL of LOVE. Just makes me tear up! I could look at these pictures ALL day. Sweet, sweet family! Enjoy your beautiful day with your baby boy down there. I will be by soon. Loves ya~!RoRo

Beth E. said...

Now you have ME tearing up! What a sweet, loving post about your growing family!

You are truly blessed, Mindy. I am so very happy for you and Troy!

One of these days I'm gonna figure out how we can get together IRL...I don't think I can wait too much longer to hug your neck! :-)

Rhonda said...

Walker is the BEST big brother ever! I bet it feels like he has matured and grown up a LOT in the past week! Sweet Hadlee will grow into the BEST Mommy's helper, too!

Everyone's pure happiness and joy shows in these pictures! CoCo did a FABULOUS job of capturing these memories forever for you! I absolutely loved the story of Walker and Hadlee meeting Mr. Hudson!

(Very) late last night I was reading this post and looking at every single picture, and Mark said "What are you smiling so big at on that computer?!" I couldn't wipe the happiness off my face! I am SO happy for you and Troy! You are a precious family! I wish I could give you a big HUG right now!

Kimberly said...

Oh Mindy! How I wish I could just jump in my car and drive 3 hours to come see you, Baby Love and the gang. We must talk soon and I am loving the blog pics. He is amazing and your prayers have been answered with a healthy little guy that your kiddos are smitten with!]xoxox

Brandi said...

Ok, greatest post of all time. Absolutely adorable kids and and family!! I can see that you are soo in love!!! I told you three was number...isn't it great!!! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!!!!

angie said...

How beautiful!! Kelli did great with these pictures, nice job KEG! Ok, I have many many comments...
•you look AMAZING right after childbirth.
• I am so sorry you were sick-that completely stinks
• watching Walker see Hudson brought tears to my eyes, you can feel the love in these pictures!
• I would think you have been imagining what this day would be like for months and it was SO much better (minus the sick)
• my favorite picture is your sweet family of 5!!!
• Hudson is just precious, I can't wait to see him in person!