Friday, January 22, 2010

Hudson's BIRTHday Story!!!

When I was pregnant with Walker and even with
Hadlee, I really wanted that "wake up in the middle
of the night, water breaks, roll over,
wake your husband, let's rush to the hospital"
type scenario. But with both babies, I ended up
having to check into the hospital the night
before for cervix softener and then be induced
the next day. With THIS pregnancy and with having
two other children to arrange for, I KNEW I
wanted to be induced on my due date
(and luckily my doctor obliged).

Guess what though?!?
Baby Boy Love had other plans!

I woke up around 5:30 am on Saturday the 16th
with cramps or contractions or somethings!
I just wasn't quite sure. I woke Troy up to
tell him, but lately I had kinda been the
"pregnant chick who cried wolf". Almost
every night I would tell Troy that this was
the night I was going into labor for NO
absolute reason other than a "feeling"!
So, I don't know that T-dawg really believed
me! I had never had contractions with
the other two of any sorts, so I just
wasn't sure. As the day went on,
I realized that I was indeed having
contractions...not regular, sometimes ten
minutes apart, sometimes an hour apart.
All four of us went to Old Navy and Build
A Bear, hung out and ate pizza that night.
As the evening went on the contractions
became more frequent and more painful
(I couldn't lie down during them or walk!).
I had no clue how I'd make it until
Tuesday, my induction date, with pains like that!
But, I still just didn't know.
Finally, at about 1:00 Sunday morning...
after maybe fifteen minutes of sleep,
a contraction hurt so bad,
it made me jump out of bed!!!
I woke up my Baby Daddy and told him
and he agreed it was TIME!!!!!!!!! SHOW TIME!!!
We called my AMAZING best friend Robin
(as well as doula and now nanny!) to come down
and stay with the kids during the night.
She didn't hesitate and arrived in her snuggie
and allowed me to have TOTAL and COMPLETE
peace of mind about my other two babies
no matter what happened that night!
Troy and I headed to the hospital and
checked in around 2 am. I didn't even
call my doctor because the contractions
were NOT five minutes apart yet and I was
afraid he'd make me wait! (He said after the
fact, he wouldn't have done that to me!).
I marched right in there (well, in between
painful contractions) and told those
nurses that I wanted the epidural the minute
I was allowed to have it!!! I wasn't kidding!
They checked me and I was at a 3 (had been
at a 1 on Tuesday), called Dr. K, and
set me up in my room! By this time, the contractions
were between four and six minutes apart.
This was really going to happen!!!
Troy took this picture unbeknownst to me. I'm
TRYING to be strong during a contraction...
(Just so you know I have ZERO pain tolerance!!!)
Then when he tried to take another picture,
Big Mama was none too happy about that!!!
We called my parents around 3:30 or so and they
were at the hospital immediately!!!
I also received my EPIDURAL!!!
Glory Glory Halleluiah! It was smooth sailing after that!
Kinda a bummer that I couldn't call and chat
with my friends since it was the wee hours
of the morning. Robin stayed strong texting me
from my house (she's an angel, did I mention that?).
AND T-Daddy was a CHAMP!!!
He was a rock for me the entire time!
Somewhere in the 5:00ish range, we called Troy's mom,
my aunt and uncle, my sisters, and Kelli G.
Apparently my sisters needed a little bit more z'ssssss
than these faithfuls...(KIDDING...they were
all there shortly and in time for the birth!!!)
The epidural slowed my labor down a bit, but
that was okay...because I wasn't feeling a thing!
The last time Dr. K checked me I was an 8 and then
boom, with him right there I was a 10 and it was
time for the miracle of Baby Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I let my mom, my Aunt Kitty, and my mother-in-law
stay in the room. They sat on the couch and
didn't make a peep. My mother-in-law said they
were 'praying and pushing' with me!!!

Troy was by my side loving me like crazy.
At 7:45 am on Sunday, January 17th, 2010,
after about maybe 10 minutes of pushing,
Dr. K held up a screaming little guy right
before my very eyes.
I knew three things immediately:
#1 He was healthy
(it was just that obvious. Thank you Lord!)
#2 He looked JUST.LIKE.WALKER!
#3 I was in LOVE...
he was just that cute from the moment I saw his tiny
little screaming face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hudson Jack Pierce weighed in at
7 pounds even, 20 inches with
LONG fingers and toes and quite a bit of hair!
He was PERFECT!!!
I absolutely love those first moments holding
a miracle. I just talked to him and told him
how much his daddy and I love him. Told him
about his big brother and sister
and most of all, how very very thankful we
were to God for him!!! Priceless.
It's a moment in time that I'll never, ever forget.

It's like he knew I was his mommy and I most certainly knew he was my son. He was so calm and sweet. He melted in my arms. It was so very right!
There's BIG DADDY LOVE!!!

I LOVE YOU, TROY!!!
You are the BEST Baby Daddy!!!
I love having babies with you!
I love how you can see the time on Troy's watch. T-Daddy is holding his baby boy who is 24 minutes old. WOW!!! Such a miracle.
Dr. K was a champ! He came through for me and
delivered all three of my babies. I love him, too!!!
Sweet Grandmother...
her collection of grandchildren is now complete!My beautiful Aunt Kitty...so glad she was there
to experience this with me!
Finally Troy and I passed around our
little Love...first to the grandmothers of course!
Another little boy who will capture MaMaw's
sweet heart just like Troy and Walker have!!!
My Sweet Dad!
Aunt Michelle was working her way to
her new nephew!
My beautiful forever best friend, Kelli G!
Had Hudson been born on his scheduled day,
Kelli would have had to be back in Ft. Worth.
We got our wish, Co Co!!!!!!!!!!!
Even my cousin Mical made it!
(Since it wasn't during the Cowboy game! ha ha!)
Before the nurse took him away, I got me a little
more mommy time! LOVE at first sight! AGAIN!
There is nothing in this this world like it!!!
I am so happy to be this little baby boy's mother!
Guess who I couldn't wait to call?!?
Sweet Robin (still at my house!) so I could
tell Walker and Hadlee the news!!!
I was missing them terribly while also knowing
Robin was taking the sweetest care of them!
Everyone in my room disappeared so they could
watch Hudson in the nursery.
Happens every time!!!

Okay, see this picture...
THAT IS NOT HUDSON
although I had about ten or so pictures of him
screaming in the nursery because my
family thought he was OURS!!!
After about thirty minutes and verification
from the nurses, my family realized that
this sweet, calm, quiet baby below was actually OURS!!!How funny is that?!?
They were all scared to tell me...
but I thought it was a scream!
From there on out, it was ALL ABOUT
our precious Hudson Jack!!!I think he's just delicious with his sweet, little features!!!Hudson...Bath?!? Not So Much!!!Sweet Kelli G took every last picture for me
since I had to be down in delivery still!
Even deleted all the ones of the WRONG
baby for me!!! ha ha! God love his little heart!
He was not having this bath!!!He was exhausted from that experience...But Oh So Precious! with his blondish brown
hair combed over like a little old man!!
Hudson's BIRTHday was far from over
because next to arrive were
his Big Brother and Big Sister!!!
Hudson's party was just getting started!!!
Sweet Jesus! A baby is truly God's sweetest perfection... Millions and millions of years still would not give half enough time to describe that tiny instant of all eternity when you put your arms around me and I put my arms around you.
Jacques Prevert

Happy BIRTHday,
Hudson Jack Pierce!
You are loved LOVED loved!!!

16 comments:

Shannon said...

OH my heavenly days...what a miracle and what a sweet, sweet post. I just love every single picture! (and the one of the other baby...hysterical! and so NOT as cute as your precious Hudson hehe!) I cannot wait to see that sweet boy in person.

Alison H. said...

My goodness! What a birth story(you really should have been picked for the TLC story) and he is absolutely beautiful!!!! Why do you look so darn awesome too in the middle of the contractions? Make-up, hair, etc....jealous!
Hudson is an angel sent from above and perfect in every way. LOVE the name and love all the pictures. Thank you for sharing and let me know about visiting soon :)

KKGrimmer said...

Thanks for sharing Mindy! And yes, you look beatiful even in pain! Hudson Jack is just a precious baby boy love! I hope the baths are getting better. Congratulations again!

Katy said...

Oh, Mindy, I am just tearing up reading this! The "birth" day is like none other===a true miracle! Oh the love in our mommy hearts!! :) I can't wait to meet that little peanut!!! He and Clark will be buddies!!

Beth E. said...

That is some birthday story! I'm so glad that Hudson is finally here.

I was looking at Walker's baby pic on your blog, comparing it to Hudson. You're right...Hudson looks exactly like Walker! It's amazing!

How are you feeling? Have you had people taking care of you...bringing you meals? You have such wonderful hoodies, I'm sure all of that has been taken care of. :-)

Looking forward to hearing more about baby Hudson...

Hugs,
Beth

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Aww...you are the best! I wouldn't have had it any other way. What a joy it was to be part of that awesome day. Thanks for trusting me! You have always been like a sister to me and I love you dearly. To get to see this baby boy Love grow is going to be the BEST! I love how God always takes care of us and blesses us with beautiful friends. Have a GREAT weekend! I will be down there soon to hold that sweetpea!~RoRo

Brandi said...

LOVE this post! What a great birth story. Mr. Hudson is the cutest little booger. Looking at his pics makes my heart want another little bambino...oh, sooo sweet! Congratulations on you perfect, precious, beautiful baby! Love his name..way cute! Your family is beautiful! God is so good!!!!

Brandi said...

One more thing...... you look awesome!! Can't believe you look sooo great in those pics after you just had a baby. HOT MAMMA!!!!

Bekah F. said...

Mindy,

Hudson is just precious! You're right, he looks SO much like Walker. And you look like a super model in every picture. Mothers everywhere are going to be jealous! Hope you're getting lots of rest when you can and you're all adjusting to like as a family of five!

melanie, aka Mo said...

So sweet. Brings back very sweet and not so distant memories for me. ANd actually makes me want to do it all again. But surely I will get over that urge. Don't post ANY more stories like that. I am recovering from a shoulder injury that two straight years of infants has caused. I need a break!! Congratulations. Your family is complete. Melanie

melanie, aka Mo said...

Seriously, I think I was signing your blog while you were signing mine! I have no idea why, but my blog is ALWAYS two hours difference in time. If I want to schedule a blog at 10:30, I have to put 8:30. But anyhoo, Yes, I know you had the baby and am so happy for you. ANd yes, Todd did only want a "prize". But what else is new?

Amanda said...

Oh me oh my I have tears with a grin from ear to ear. He is just perfect. You are right, he looks so much like Walker. You are so very blessed. I am beyond thrilled for you and your family. I am SO IN LOVE with his name. It's perfect! I can't wait to read more and more about him so keep the updates coming. HUGS!

angie said...

Tears, tears and more tears of joy! Mindy I love every single picture and detail of the day. God bless that sweet Robin and your sweet family and friends. Everything went perfectly! He is BEAUTIFUL and I completely see Walker in his sweet face.
The day at the hospital meeting your child for the first time is like nothing else I have ever experienced. I am so thankful that the Lord knew best and gave you one more perfect day.
Love you friend! I'll be by soon.

Kimberly said...

PURE SWEETNESS! Oh how perfect he is and how much he looks like Walker as a newbie! I love all your peeps there...make up and all at such and early hour! And you GO with your lip gloss! :)
AND...finally you totally could have called me and it would have been perfect timing during labor!! I should never have given you the "no call" go ahead! Drat!!
Love you and your bundle like crazy!

Jennifer said...

Oh geez.....now I'm crying! LOVE it! You're making me want another baby!!!

{{{HUGS}}}
Jennifer

Rhonda said...

What a treasure for that precious baby to have every detail of his BIRTHday story documented! Hudson is just beautiful and does look like Walker! You are beautiful (as always!) - your inner glow and beauty just shine through!

The wrong baby story is hysterical! And even funnier that they were afraid to tell you!

I love it all and I'm so glad you are sharing your family's beautiful story with us in blogland!