Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Lil' of This, A Lil' of That

First and foremost, we celebrated my
sweet mother's 71st birthday on July 18th.
Here she is in front of the tallest building
in Waco...The ALICO.
Our skyline is amazing!

I don't think my mom looks 71 AT ALL! She is so sweet and kind and beautiful in every way possible. She still takes the best care of me. My dad isn't so bad himself! ha!Walker has really been into Spy Gear lately. It cracks us up to see what all he will come out in...usually a lot of gear like walky talkies, old cell phones, watches, binoculars, cameras, hats, bags...and it's all attached to his body!

Walker 007

We've had some arts & crafts time. Haddie Girl is all about GUUUUU (glue)!Walker loves to draw and write in his journal. If that journal writing continues, he better learn to hide it from his mommy! KIDDING!!!OH.THE.JOY! Having the 3L's down to play!!! Having this gang over is a win~win for Walker and Haddie! Mommy, too!!!
One day we made (and ate!) Fruit Loop necklaces...This activity wasn't too exciting for Wild Man! Unfortunately "boring" is a new word in his vocabulary!
But my Sweet Muffin LOVED it!!!I love a house full of kids laughing and having fun. That makes me really excited for having three kids! I even like it when it's three WILD, CRAZY costume clad boys on my furniture...These boys all hooked up in pre-k...they have so much fun together!ANY day we have Kate Kate over is a beautiful day!!!
Finally how about an impromptu swim party down at the Reeds?!? Life doesn't get much better than that...especially for these Little Hoodies!!!This is such a sweet & fun group of kids! We are blessed!!!
It would appear that Walker & Hadlee are ready for fall...being dressed in their hunting clothes! But don't be fooled...we're going to soak up every last drop of summer that's left!!!

I'm so thankful for a whole lot of this and a whole lot of that!!!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

You are such a fun mommy! Lovin the pic of Haddie Girl in the overalls! Feeling any better, my love?
xoxo

Misty said...

Reading your blog makes me so happy! It's evident that there's lots of love and fun going on in your family!

Wow, Waco does have a lovely skyline! ;)

angie said...

We do have an awesome skyline:-)! Looks like you are having a wonderful summer (minus the sick). Great pictures. Unfortunately Ryan has also been using the B word too. I keep telling him that I have a lot he can help me with if he's bored!!!

Rhonda said...

I have been terrible about posting comments, but have DEFINATELY been keeping up with Trendy Mindy! Grandmother looks wonderful and a happy belated birthday to her! It looks like you and the kiddos have been having a nice summer together! I love them in their camo ~ Daddy is teaching Walker and Hadlee early! I can't wait to hear more about baby #3!!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Happy late Birthday Grandmother! Your mom is sooo sweet and beautiful. Looks like you guys had a fun time celebrating.

oh yes, soaking it all up!I love each and every picture of your summer pics. To think that next year we will get to see another little sweet one in these pics! CAN'T WAIT!

Hope you had a good day and are feeling better. Thinking of you.