Sunday, August 9, 2009

So Thankful

I am feeling SO THANKFUL today!
God is so GOOD!!!

Tomorrow will mark 17 weeks along in
Baby Love's pregnancy!!!

I am feeling better...the nausea, gag factor,
and extreme fatigue is finally lifting.
I am down to one Zofran a day ~ just
first thing in the morning.
Unfortunately my heartburn continues
to give me problems even while
taking the purple pill (that my insurance
refuses to pay for!). The worst part is still my stomach. It just can't seem to stomach most foods.

So, Baby Love...here goes mommy's list
of foods right now (yours, too, Baby Love!):
*Kraft mild cheddar cheese - ALL DAY LONG
*Baked potatoes
*plain turkey sandwich
*pickles
*sometimes a 7up, but usually just water

Regardless, my baby bump is growing!!!

I have come to realize that I REALLY
love food and I am REALLY missing
my fave foods! I am a Mazzio's supreme
pizza, Chickfila combo #1 type eating
girl with lots of Dr. Pepper to boot!

Finally some of the second trimester nesting has hit!!! I started with Walker's room. After Mommy not feeling good for so long, Wild Man had sort of taken over his room...in ways this mama was not fond of at all! I did some re-organizing and a little bit of re-decorating. I still have a few more things up my sleeve.

Once we could see the top of his desk again, Walker said..."Cool! I can do my homework on here!" We'll see if that really happens!I proudly displayed three of his awards from kindergarten. There are still three more to go. I thought it never hurts to remind him what a stud muffin he is! hee hee!!!

But my favorite new part of the room is on this shelf (which is going to get a new paint job in a fun color or possibly camo?) It's Daddy's football picture that I framed!!! LOVE this! And Walker absolutely loves having his trophies displayed.

I also tackled his closet...notice school clothes hanging on the right! I love school clothes shopping! I love little boy clothes...even if Walker wants me to limit it to UnderArmour, Nike and Adidas! SO FUN!!!

I also did some organizing in Haddie's room, but she'll be getting a complete make-over soon or possibly even a roommate (if we have a girl - we haven't decided what we'll do yet!) so I didn't spend too much time in there!!! But I did tackle our games closet...Big Brother & Big Sister continue to make me laugh on a daily basis over Baby Love.

Last week, I heard Walker tell his
friend that was over,
"Hey, did I tell you my mom's
pregnant?" It was just so funny hearing
that come out of his mouth!
The friend never said a word!!!

Big Sister is a RIOT!
The other night T-Daddy was tickling
and kissing her on her tummy.
She said, "That's my baby!"
She also always tells people
we're having a boy named COSMO!

The absolute best happened a couple of
months ago though.
Everyone was taking turns getting
down by my tummy and talking
to the baby. Daddy said some
sweet nothings, Walker told the
baby he loved him,
and then came Haddie's turn.................
"Hi Tee-Tee Head!!!"
We'd never even heard her
use that expression!!!
In fact, here she is loving on
the Tee-Tee Head!!!
Sometimes I just get giddy thinking about
this new baby! Like this morning at church,
I just look at my belly and already love him
or her so much it hurts!
I loved sitting in church when I was
pregnant with Walker, too...
just such a sweet, sweet time
when I feel SO VERY THANKFUL!!!

10 comments:

Beth E. said...

That girl won't do! Tee-tee head or Cosmo...what an imagination!! LOL

Your pictures are wonderful. I'm enjoying watching your baby grow!

When I was pregnant with Billy, I also ate baked potatoes and plain turkey sandwiches. Sometimes those didn't agree with me, either! All I could drink was water...everything else tasted too sweet to me. Shew, I was so sick with him throughout my pregnancy! Toward the end of my second trimester, though, I began to crave tomatoes. With Bo, I craved peaches. Funny, huh?

Now that you've got your house organized, why don't you come and organize mine??? ;-) Once the boys are away at school, I'm planning on some major reorganization!

Blessings to you, sweet Mindy...
Love,
Beth

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Last night when I saw you it HIT me! Mindy is going to have a baby...duh!....not cause you are starting to show but you just have this peaceful look to you (or was it a green glow? jk!) No seriously, you look happy. This is JUST what God knew you needed. Even though baby love was a huge surprise, God knew what he was doing! You guys are such great parents and love the Lord with all your heart. You raise your childrend to love him too. I can't tell you how happy and thrilled to know another little bundle of Love is on his/her way from the Pierce family.

Even though right now kind of stinks as to what you can eat or not eat just remember all the meals your Hoodies will bring to you after this baby. We will bring your Dr. Peppers, pizzas, burgers, etc. ha! Count on it. Then I promise to watch baby while you walk around the block after eating all of this. ha! jk.

You go girl on nesting! It looks GREAT. What a good feeling to get some thing organized.

Love you dearly friend~Rob

Ally said...

Awe you look so good. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. I love seeing the pictures of you and your growing baby. Can't wait to hear what you are having!!
Praying for yall!!!

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Ah, I'm so happy that you are feeling better! There's nothing like trying to care for your family feeling horrible all the time.
Get better soon so you can get that No. 1 at Chik fil a. MMMM, that's my fav.
The kids look like they are starting ot really enjoy the idea of another baby coming-that's just fantastic!

angie said...

Cosmo and Tee-Tee head huh?!? oh that is just hi-larious:-)!!! You look so pretty sweet Mindy and I cannot believe all that you have accomplished in your house. Everything looks great! I am on pins and needles waiting to find out whether Cosmo will be a boy or girl. Great seeing you this morning, have a wonderful week.

Amanda said...

You look so Beautiful, Mindy.. well actually, you ALWAYS do! I am so very jealous of all that organization in those closets, wow. I am happy that you are starting to feel better too. Walker and Haddie Girl are so precious and you can tell they are so excited for a new baby!!!

Lemon heads somewhat worked with the nausea with Maxi too! I read somewhere that the sour part is what does it to ya! Maybe give it a try. ;)

Rhonda said...

You are such a BEAUTIFUL person, inside and out! I can only imagine how excited you are about Baby Love (I love that name!)! You look just FABULOUS!!

And goodness gracious ~ all that organizing!! WOW, very impressive!! Everything looks great and I know that makes you feel good to have things "in order" before Baby Love gets here and shakes up the Pierce excitement!! Your blogger friends can't wait to meet him/her!!!

Shannon said...

First of all...you look AMAZING! I love that little bump! I had horrible heartburn with Payton and I have a TON of Nexium samples....do you want them? Seriously, I come into to Waco tomorrow and will bring them with me! E-mail me (shannonlainebrown@yahoo.com) if you want me to bring them by.

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hmmm.... tee tee head... Maybe Baby Love needs a T name! Won't you be finding out the sex soon?! Isnt' it usually around 17 weeks?

I wouldn't know. I just buy my babies! Never experienced that sweet looking at my belly thing, but I DID get to experience that ALL OF A SUDDEN, hand her to me, "HEre is your new baby!" That is pretty fabulous too!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. (oh another perk of adoption... no nausea!!)

Have missed our bloggin friendship! I am trying to do better.

Going to Canton in October. 1-3. You need to be there! Mo

Alison H. said...

I am so glad you are starting to feel good. Being a mom is hard enough and then to be sick on top of it is soo tough! I literally thought I was dying I felt so horrible with my pregnancies and it angers me(haha) when I hear moms that have no sickness at all!
Hang in there and I am thinking it is a girl! You sure hide not feeling well because you look fabulous!!!!