Thursday, August 20, 2009

A FIRST Day for Haddie Girl

I teach English part time in the
mornings at a high school.
For the last two years while I taught,
Hadlee has stayed with Mrs. Heather...
an angel that loved my baby girl like
her own. Unfortunately Heather is going
back to teaching this year.
I had signed Hadlee up for three day
pre-school & my mom was going
to keep her the other two days.
I began to worry during the summer
about all the transitions we are having
this year & then that Haddie would
be doing different things each day.
'Mommy Instict' was really kicking in when
I received a call from a wonderfully
sweet lady about two weeks ago.
She had kept my closest school friend's little
girl & she now had a spot for Hadlee!!!
GOD IS SO GOOD!!!
I know Haddie would have been
just fine in the other situation, too,
but this was just more perfect for us...
especially this year!
SOOOOOO...Hadlee had her first
day with Mrs. Janice on Tuesday.
SO FAR, SO WONDERFUL!!!
Mrs. Janice lives less than five minutes
from us and her home is on my way
to school. She keeps another three
year old little girl & a four year old boy.
This week alone, Hadlee has made
a necklace, studied the letter A, made
an apple tree, and an airplane.
Keep in mind she is only there for
three and a half hours!!!
God really took care of my best girl
and me in this situation (as usual!).
I already love Mrs. Janice myself!!!
No tears have been shed when I leave (yet)!
When I picked Hadlee up on that first day,
she was ALL SMILES!!!
We came home and she immediately
made Walker his lunch.
Haddie Homemaker loves to make
PB&J's for her brother!!!
Beautiful, blond curls...
who would have ever thunk it?!?
The rest of the day, I just had an extra skip in
my step. There is nothing in this world more
important than the happiness and well-being
of my family. Having peace with where Hadlee
stays in the morning is truly PRICELESS!

I love this picture because my sweet girl is so happy and because I love her sweet feet...And in this picture, I love her precious little hands. God made her so perfect to me!

She is love!!!

Of course I adore this picture...there's nothing like the two of them playing together!A funny side story about this crazy little guy. The night before Haddie's first day, we were choosing which cup she would take her water in. Hadlee chose one and said that Lucy had the same cup. Lucy was the little girl she stayed with at Mrs. Heather's. I quickly reminded Hadlee that Lucy wouldn't be at Mrs. Janice's. Walker looked at Haddie and said, "Oh, man, you gotta make all new friends." THANKS, Walker!!!Haddie Pattie Pie,

I hope that the rest of your days with Mrs.
Janice are wonderful. I love how you will be
interacting with two other little ones and
learning all kinds of good stuff that mommy
is not good at taking the time to teach you!
I secretly say a prayer for you and your
brother each and every night over your beds
while you sleep...
specifically for your health, your happiness
and your love of Jesus.
(And recently for your love of a new
baby brother or sister!!!)
I love you more than words, Beautiful Angel!!!

7 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Crying over here! Dang it, that is just sooo sweet and prefect. I love that little girl (and big bro and baby love!!) like my own. Oh Mindy, God is so good. He meets ALL our needs. Some even before we knew we needed it. Happy for sweet girl and her "new" school!

Kimberly said...

Oh Mindy Mo! I am so happy everything is working out so loverly for you all. Haddie looks soooooooo sweet in greeny. I miss your voice so bad.

Amanda said...

Wow, while looking at Haddie's pictures, you Sister, Michelle just popped out. She is looking SO much like her! Her eyes, smile.. wow!

So happy that it all worked out for you and Hadlee this year. She is one happy girl!

angie said...

God does meet all our needs and it sounds like Hadlee is in a great place and you have peace!!! Beautiful pictures of you blondie:-).

Katy said...

So precious! I'm so glad the Lord worked that out for you.
And---cute dress! AnnMarie has it too! hehe
Where did you get that precious backpack? We need a new one!

Beth E. said...

Isn't it neat how God takes care of all the details?! I'm so happy that you all are happy!

The pictures of Haddie are precious. I keep wishing I could reach through the computer screen and smooch on her and Walker...although Walker probably wouldn't appreciate that too much! LOL

Have a great weekend!

Rhonda said...

I'm so happy that everything worked out PERFECTLY for your family! Change is so hard ~ probably much harder on us Mommys than the children! Sometimes it is so hard to be patient and wait on God's perfect timing, but it ALWAYS works out in the end! Haddie is PRECIOUS and she is a little angel!