Monday, August 24, 2009

First Football then First Grade

Today Walker had FLAG FOOTBALL tryouts!
He began to get a little worried early in the
afternoon today. He said,
"What if I don't make the team?"
God bless his little heart!!!
Of course, like any good mommy, I told
him he would be the first pick!!!
He doesn't really need to know they
all make the team!
As of late, Walker is VERY into lifting
weights and doing push-ups. It's a hoot!
He wanted to take this picture
to show off his muscles...
After tryouts which were great (he really
was MY first pick), our night got even better!
Meeting our FIRST grade Teachers!!!
Here is Mrs. G...
and here is Mrs. S...
WE ARE TRULY BLESSED THIS YEAR!!!
Our first grade teachers ROCK!

Walker will have his own desk at school...
there was even a science book in it!
Daddy was so excited about that!!!
I keep having to catch my breath...
I really can't believe I have a FIRST grader!

His big day is on Wednesday
and his biggest fan is right here beside him...

Forever & Honest, Walker!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ohhhhh! First day of first grade has a special place in my heart!
***My teacher friend had a board that said "First Grade Rocks" had had rocks glued on. Did Walker's??

Shannon said...

I just love it that he is into weight lifting! So hilarious! Really...could Mary Gingerich be any prettier? Does that woman not age? Walker looks so happy and so grown up! Such a handsome 1st grader. You can tell how excited he is! Can't wait to hear about the 1st day!

angie said...

I can't wait to hear all about flag football...we're waiting until first grade for that one. Speaking of first grade, I cannot wait to hear all about his big first day! Praying for you Trendy Mindy!

Beth E. said...

I have no doubt that Walker will be making lots of touchdowns! He's at such a fun age. I remember my boys showing me their muscles! LOL

Looks like it's gonna be a great school year at your house!

Love ya,
Beth

Rhonda said...

Walker has some big FIRSTS coming up this week! I can't wait to hear all about his FIRST day of FIRST grade! And his FIRST football game! WOW - that little guy is growing up fast! That is too cute that he is doing push ups! He is in training to be a Dallas Cowboy!! Looking forward to the upcoming first day of school posts!!!