Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday Walker!!!

The Birthday Boy was up early this morning
for his second day of first grade...
and begging to open a present!
Of course we let him!
He even let little sister help...
Still loves his CARS...especially rare, new ones!
They fill my heart...Seven years ago today at 7:31 pm, any doubts
I ever had about God were washed away.
For it was at that moment,
that God shared the
most precious, plumpest,
perfect baby boy with ME.
I was now a mommy to the sweetest
little bundle of love...
my most favorite title ever!!!
Walker arrived in this world after a long labor
(over 24 hours if you wanted to know!)
and he was PERFECT!
He was so handsome, content
and L-O-V-A-B-L-E.
He knew I was his mommy and
I knew he was mine.
It was truly love at first moment.
Sweet baby boy love...
there's nothing in this world like it!
And then to see my husband holding his son...
sweetest, sexiest thing I had ever witnessed.
When I think back to the most wonderful
moments of my entire life, it was those two
nights spent in the hospital with Troy and
Walker after he was born.
Absolute total contentment in my world.
It was amazing.

These seven years have been more fun than I could ever describe! Ever since that baby boy of mine learned to crawl, he hasn't stopped! It has been action packed and ALL-boy type of fun. I wouldn't have him any other way. He is my Walker...my Sunshine...my One and Only. He is cute and quirky and sweet and crazy. To me, he's the full package. I love this kid more and more every single day and I love watching him grow into a bigger boy (even though it's often with tears in my eyes!). There is nobody in this world like our Walker Dalton Pierce!!!Walker...mommy and daddy are so proud of you and the young man you are becoming. You bring so much laughter and joy to our lives! We love your determination, your zest for life, and your sweet precious heart! Happy 7th Birthday!!!

We had a blast celebrating Big Man's birthday tonight! Lots of pics to come...including BIG BLUE, Walker's new best friend! Then his party on Saturday...wahoooooooo! Birthday weeks are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when they are for sweet boys like this one!

8 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Wow! I wasn't expecting to be crying so early in the morning but this was just precious. We love that guy like our own. Hope he had a BLAST for his birthday. We are looking forward to celebrating with him soon.

3L's can't wait to meet this new pet!

angie said...

Don't you just love birthdays!!! I adore Walker's excitement in these pictures...and stop it with that precious baby picture, how can he be 7??? I know you had a wonderful day, have a great party!

Misty said...

Happy 7th Birthday, Walker!!!!!

Oooo, new Cars stuff? I better be on the look-out!

fivemjs said...

Mindy - I LOVE reading your blogs. They are so happy and cheerful and I LOVE how you describe things. It is addicting. Can't wait to find out what "little baby love" is!!

Marianne

Amanda said...

Happy 7th Birthday to your Walker Man! I always look forward to reading about your Birthday weeks!!!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday to Walker! I hope his day was perfect and that his party is a blast.

Ally said...

Happy Birthday Walker! Hope you had a great day!!

Beth E. said...

Awww...what a sweet post! Happy birthday, Walker!