Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cattle Baron's Ball 2009

Big Man & I attended the Cattle Baron's Ball
in June. This is a HUGE benefit for
The Amercian Cancer Society.
The whole thing is amazing...
the speakers, the auction, the food, the
western theme, the concerts, the volunteers
(my favorite being T-dawg himself
who works his booty off for this event...
and I LOVE this about him!),
the festivities and most of all,
THE CAUSE!!!
I am always amazed at the people and
their generosity on this night.
A friend of mine spoke
about having cancer as a teenager and
within five minutes after she spoke,
a few people stood up to give a
total of $50,000
to help provide rides for patients
to their treatments.
WITHIN FIVE MINUTES!
And that's really nothing compared
to what else is raised on that night.
People are really good at heart.

It was also SO nice to be out with my man!
I only got sick once during the night
(that's good!).
It was pretty low key for us this year.
Because of that I didn't even ride the bull!
(Last time I rode the bull was five
weeks after I had Hadlee...
so there's hope for next Cattle Baron's!).

While we were gone, Walker and Hadlee
were not missing us ONE BIT AT ALL!
They had CoCo and Kate Kate
all to themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kelli knows our routines and our lives
really better than anyone.
I have no worries when she has my kiddos!
Obviously neither do Walker and Haddie!!!

6 comments:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

AWE YOU ALL ARE BRINGING SEXY BACK !!!

Kimberly said...

Love the pic of you and T! Soo hope you are feeling better, my sweet bestie!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I want to see this picture of you and Troy in a frame. Love it! What a wonderful event.I know your hubby always works soooo hard to help put this together. A good man!

Beth E. said...

You have the sweetest, most caring family...T-dawg included!

What a wonderful cause...how thrilling to have raised so much money!

Looks like you and hubby had a great time, as did the kids...scrub-a-dub-dub in the tub! They are too cute. :-)

angie said...

you look so pretty! I love that Troy works so hard for this benefit-it is SUCH a great cause. And I lauged out loud at that last picture-nice work CoCo:-)!

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hey Mindy. You and the Mr. look mighty nice all dolled up!

Can you believe that our sitters are CoCo and KK?! (Katelyn, so she could very well be a Kate Kate too!)

That is pretty crazy, huh? In fact, CoCo and KK had Ellie, Maddi and Gabbi earlier this week, and I am sitting here waiting on KK right now!

Have a good weekend. HOpe that nausea passes for you. Mel