Monday, May 12, 2008

Sweet Mothers & A Sweet Day...

On Friday's post, I mentioned all of the amazing moms in my life. I couldn't help but think of them yesterday. I went to church with my sweet mom and I saw this verse:

"I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother...and in your mother...and...now lives in you also." 2 Timothy 1:5

A sincere faith FOR SURE...here is my mom with all of her grandkids (at Thanksgiving)...


My mother, my mother-in-law and my aunt...


My beautiful sisters...


Sadly, I never knew my Mom's mom and my Dad's mom had a stroke when I was two years old and was never able to walk or do much of anything after that. She died when I was in high school. She was such a kind, gentle person ~ even under the circumstances she had to live. I know that my other grandmother was amazingly sweet, too. I find there to be something VERY special about a relationship with a grandmother. Fortunately I now have Troy's grandmothers in my life. They treat me as if I were their own and I love them dearly...


Troy, Walker and Hadlee made my day very special. They woke me up with cards & a sweet gift. Walker continued to make me 'letters' all morning long ~ this is where he writes me a note (usually "Mom I love you Walker") and seals it in an envelope with MOM on it. I will treasure all seven or so of those!!! I laughed because Walker was reeeeally into Mother's Day (I'm training him well!). Troy was kinda sharp with me in the car and Walker said, "DAD, it's MOTHER'S DAY"! I loved it! In fact, I'm working on "Mother's Day Week"...I'll let you know how that goes!

Troy asked me if I wanted to do something special for Mother's Day...my reply ~ a nap & a trip to Target! Soooo, after my nap and dinner with my parents, we headed to Target!!! It was a FANTASTIC day!!! Thank you, baby, for always making me feel like a wonderful mommy ~ I would be nothing without you!

After church pics...




Yesterday morning when Walker was making my 'letters', he said, "OH, wait, Haddie is a mommy, too!" Troy & I both told him that Hadlee wasn't a mommy yet and his reply, "LOOK AT ALL HER BABIES, YES SHE IS!!!". Good point...look at this pic I took a couple of months ago. She is a good mommy to her babies...


Here we are before we left for dinner & Target...


And the BEST part about today ~ my dear friend and fellow Na Na had her BABY BOY! Yes, on Mother's Day...how SWEET is that?!? A Mama's Boy already!!! I don't have a picture of the handsome little 8 pound 11 ounce angel just yet...but here is Megan (on the right) preggers with PARSONS KENT LINDBERG when we were together in March:

Congratulations Megan, Hans, & little Beverly! Can't wait to love on Parsons!!!

I thank God for my children and the privilege to be a Mom...it has changed my life...and oh, so much for the better!!! Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

P.S. ~ Happy First Anniversary to my gorgeous best friend/god mommy & her hubby...Rob & Kelli Kelly! More pics in a later post from our time in Mexico LAST May celebrating!!!

3 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Sweet pictures!!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day. What a HUGE blessing to be surrounded by so many WONDERFUL women. Congrats to your friend. What a Mother's day gift!!!

Amanda said...

Hi, Mindy :) Your kids are so cute! Looks like you had a great mother's day!

Becca said...

Those are so sweet. Love the pics!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca