Monday, May 19, 2008

Ball Parkin' It, Bowling, & Trophies...


Friday night, we went to a high school baseball play off game (my high school). Troy thought Walker could benefit from watching some older guys hit?!? Let me tell you...Walker reeeeeeeeeeeally paid attention! We had a blast... and it brought back such great memories for me. Since my sisters were much older, I grew up hanging out at sports events ~ especially ball fields. Watching Walker run around like crazy at the ball park just made me smile. I thought any minute that he would be playing "CUP BALL"?!? Do any of you remember that?!? Those were some good times! Hadlee had a ball...well, of course, she did...there were Starburst, M&M's, Bubba and even some of his buddies involved!!! I even caught a fly ball...no kidding. Okay, so it bounced off of a roof, BUT STILL...I caught it! That made quite the impression on Walker. In fact, we were standing in line at the concession stand and he leaned forward to some kids in front of us that we didn't know and said, "My mom caught that fly ball." (The kids looked back at me in disbelief). Then Walker said, "But she can't hit." That's my boy!

It was also exciting to get to see my niece, Macy, and her friends in action. I love that and it makes me sad to think she'll be in college next year where I can't have my eye on her every move!!! Speaking of...I know that I am around high school students more than most, but I am fascinated by them and the use of their fancy cell phones (the ones like I want but my hubby won't let me get b/c I drop mine all the time). Anyways, I was watching all these teenagers in the student section constantly texting on their phones. I just can't figure it out...they are there with all their friends. Who are they texting?!? Troy and I decided to join in and we started texting Macy and her friends. They texted (sp?) us back like it was no big deal. Interesting to me for some odd reason?!? OH well...

Saturday was T-Ball ~ I love this picture of my nephew Logan talking on Hadlee's pink Dora phone...



Haddie loves Walker's buddies (could be a problem in the future!)...


And then a bowling party with some of Walker's friends from soccer & t-ball...


Finally, Sunday was the team party ~ and TROPHY TIME!!! We had such a fun team!


Here are MY two trophies...


Have a GREAT week!!!

No comments: