Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How Beautiful...


Saturday, May 10th was my beautiful niece's Senior Prom! WOW...I really cannot believe that my Macy is about to graduate. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was standing in her nursery, looking in her crib, and reaching in and just touching it knowing that in a few short days I would have a baby niece to love. That was in February of 1990 and I was a freshman in high school (one of my sisters is thirteen years older and the other is ten years older than me). Talk about being blessed...there was something amazingly incredible about becoming an aunt so early. I learned 'true love' early on...I would do anything and everything in this world for my niece and nephews and that actually began when I was in the eighth grade when my first nephew was born.

Looking back on that day standing in Macy's nursery, I knew she would be special. I knew it then and I know it now. I have loved being part of her life...from shopping for school clothes every year, to the day she fell in the middle school cafeteria, to all of her basketball games & everything in between...it's been one fun ride with her! She is my niece, my daughter, my sister but most of all, she is my friend ~ my very dear friend! She is beautiful and I am so proud of her. Speaking of beautiful...check her out before the PROM ~ she went with a group of Senior Girls and they had a BLAST (smart girls, uh?!?)!!!


Do you know how often we see this ~ ALWAYS texting!!!...



See that bus ~ that is what they came to the prom in...SO FUN!!!
Macy's Grandpa hooked them up!!!

Our high school puts out a Red Carpet (it's really cool)...this is Macy & her two best friends before they hit the RED CARPET...

You go, Macy!!!

She had a great time and we thought she just looked beautiful. She took our breath away! I didn't mention this to my sister or my brother-in-law or anything...but boy did this make me excited for planning Macy's wedding sometime in the very distant, distant future!!! ha!

1 comment:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Beautiful Macy! She looked soooo pretty in her dress. Great pictures!!