Friday, May 9, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday ~ "Mommy and Me"

Favorite Foto Friday...in honor of Mother's Day the theme is..."Mommy and Me"!!!

Of course on Mother's Day I think of my OWN children and how happy they make me; but moreso, I think of my own mother. She is the kindest person I know. She has devoted her entire life to my dad, her three daughters, and now her grandchildren. My mother taught me to always be sweet and to always be thankful and to always love God. She is beautiful, funny & clueless (on many things)! I couldn't be more blessed!!! I thank God that we live in the same town and that she never misses a trip to Target with the kids and me! My mother's mom died of cancer the summer before her senior year of high school. Mother's Day has always been a tough day for my mom. She is so strong and kind and I have NO IDEA what I would do without her...

And yes, I think of my own motherhood, too!!! How could I not?!?
My best days as a Mother...

When I read the theme for today's FFF, I immediately thought of these pictures of Walker and me ~ my boy is sweeeeeeeeeeeet & he loves his MAMA!!! He was almost two in these pictures and he was lovin' on me like no other!!! Now almost six and that boy still loves on me like this and I truly can't get enough of it...

Sweet baby girl is a lover, too...not quite as agressive as her brother, but oh so sweet! She melts my heart with her kisses and hugs! When I hear her say "HU"...I know what's coming...and it's a sweet, gentle HUG!!! Just Heaven, I tell ya...

Blogging has been so fun for me lately and I love meeting and getting to know so many wonderful moms in this world! I am blessed beyond belief with an amazing mother, beautiful sisters, a wonderful aunt, the best mother-in-law, dear grandmothers, MANY fabulous friends who are also mommies, and now new blogging mommies whom I think so much of already!
Happy Mother's Day to you ALL!!!

Ending with a classic picture of a mom with her two kids...hummmm, maybe on Mother's Day we'll get the perfect picture of the kids & me ~ not likely!!!

For more 'Favorite Foto Fridays', visit http://kissthefrog4me.blogspot.com/! Enjoy!!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Mindy... you, your mom and your little blessings are all so beautiful! I LOVE the fun you are having in that last picture... THAT is what motherhood is all about!! Happy Mothers Day!

Hannah said...

You have such a beautiful family!! I love the last picture, it really shows what life is usually like huh??

Have a wonderful mothers day!
Hannah

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Beautiful pictures.

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Kim~

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, what a wonderful update! I loved the pictures - they were all so very precious - just full of LOVE!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Amanda said...

Isn't your last picture classic?! Been there many of times. You and your children are so beautiful. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have to admit, it's funny you left me a comment because I saw your FFF last week and was back checking out your blog a few times this past week! Love your blog too..Good job! :)

Amanda said...

Oh yeah, I also wanted to say I too am very fortunate to have my mom so close and just a phone call away to make those weekly/biweekly trips to Target with me! ;)

Happy Mother's Day

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Happy Mothers Day Mindy! You are a wonderful mom to Walker and Haddie (the Reed kids too!). Beautiful pictures of our Fav family!

Jenelle said...

How sweet! I love your pictures. My boy gives me big, slobbery baby kisses and I love them!