Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bangs, Texas

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
I've been downloading and going through lots of pictures lately. I have a few posts ready to, well, post! BUT...we had a nice little road trip this weekend and since this is like my on-line journal, I am going to start with that (how I wish I had started one of these when my kiddos were born, do that if you can!). SO, bloggers, beware...I am hoping to have a new post each day this week (even already have a couple scheduled to post by themselves!).

We went to Troy's family reunion in Bangs, Texas, this weekend. Blink and you just might miss Bangs. Good family, yummy food, kids swimming, Dairy Queen, shopping with my sister-in-law, two new cute dresses, time with grandparents, and a priceless new pillow made for a wonderful weekend!

This is DQ Country...

Cuzin' Luvin'...


Sweet Grandparents...

The above picture is Troy's mom's parents. You just could not find two better people in this world. They have been married for over 60 years and they are truly Godly people. I just love love love them! When you imagine what grandparents should be like, this is what you picture! Hadlee is so sweet with them and gives them lots of good lovin' (Walker, too, when he's not off playing!). Hadlee's sweet love for them makes me so happy. It's like she realizes how special these people are & she takes full advantage of her time with them. I am blessed beyond words to know Grandma and Grandpa Robinett!
Speaking of Grandma Robinett, this morning I told her how much I loved this pillow of hers:
She told me that she made it and would I please take it ~ that she would love for me to have it. You could offer me the most expensive, fanciest throw pillow from Neiman Marcus or this beautiful one made by my Grandmother-in-Law...well, you know the answer. This one is priceless and I love it! I will treasure it forever.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh goodness, I'd take that pillow too.. LOVE it! The kids look so cute and happy.

Did you happen to get that email I sent you seperately a few days ago?

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Yea! Our fav friends are home! We missed you guys:) Happy Memorial Day. LOVED the pictures and what a sweet, sweet pillow. I know that it will be forever treasured at your house. Have a wonderful day!