Monday, July 2, 2018

PaPa Robinett Memories :(

When I think about a person being the hands 
and feet of Jesus, I think about 
Troy's grandfather - who I of course claimed as my own! 
In March of 2017, we celebrated Papa Robinett, 
a man who truly lived out the life God intends,
 and we rejoice in knowing he was rewarded in Heaven
 and also reunited with his beloved wife of 73 years 
Papa was humble, kind, devoted and hard working...
he was truly the finest Christian man I've ever known. 
I cry thinking about all that he was to my husband growing up.
 The way Troy speaks of Papa playing catch
 with him after a hard day's work when 
he was a little boy and so much more is the same
 man I came to love 20 years ago when I joined the family. 
I'll never forget when we showed up around lunch
 time one day and I asked where Grandpa was, 
and they said he was out delivering Meals on Wheels. 
I was like they should be delivering to HIM not vice verse, 
but that's who this man was! 
Papa was always so happy for everyone 
and he loved ALL of us so much. 
I'm so grateful that my children had the chance
 to know and love him like they did.
 I wish the world had more men like Grandpa Robinett...
we'd all be better off for it. 
Thank you, Lord, for the example 
that this man was to each of us. 
We miss him so very much
I absolutely TREASURE every single
 picture with Grandma and Grandpa Robinett.
They conjure of their memory in my mind
and heart.  Best people to walk this earth❤
Baby Walker....
Walker "Dalton" with his namesakes!!!!!!!!!
"Dal" for Robert DALLAS
and "ton" from WelTON Harold.  
Troy and I each chose our favorite man 
to name our first born son after!
Baby Hadlee...
Baby Hudson...
I have no doubt that PaPa Robinett entered 
the gates of Heaven and heard, 
"Well done, my good and faithful servant!" 

No comments: