Monday, January 16, 2012

Fun, Foxy & Fifty ...

On December 20th...believe it or not...
we celebrated my beautiful sistah's
50th Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had circumstances been different,
I'm sure we would have had more of a
par~TAY for her.  But without one of
her main men not being able to be there:(...
we just opted for a fun dinner out. 
And it was JUST that...
VeRY FuN!






My Hunter B keeps me so hip ;)))
Mary Lynna is something else, I tell ya!
She is very outwardly beautiful
and always has been (even at birth...
my mother has confessed that Lynna
was the prettiest baby!!!  ha!).
But Lynna is JUST as BEAUTIFUL
on the inside.  She LOVES everyone
and makes friends with EVERYONE
she comes into contact with.  Seriously!
Lynna is funny, generous,
honest, vain (ha!),
and truly an AMAZING person.
Being thirteen years younger than Lynna,
we have always had a very special
relationship.  Lynna has mothered me
my entire life.  I've always been her
baby.  She taught me EARLY on to
always be nice to EVERYONE
no matter what.  I took that lesson of
hers to heart and it's made a
difference in my life. 
I love my gorgeous, hilarious,
fun-loving sister with all of my heart!
Lynna LOVED Barbies as a child.
How creative that my Mother got
Lynna the 50th anniversary
Barbie & Ken!!!
In the first days after Trav's accident,
people were showing up at the hospital
and I'd ask how they knew Lynna.
"I met her at Souper Salad."
"I met her at Dillards."
"I met her at Luby's and we
became friends and started eating
together every week."
I'm not kidding!!!
I couldn't believe when I found these napkins.
Lynna is SO fun, foxy & now fifty!!!
I know I shouldn't pray such a vain thing...
but dear Lord, please let me look half as
good as my sistah when I'm 50!!!  (;
Haddie wore a leopard tu tu that
Lynna got her last year.
Lynna loves ALL things animal print
and ALL things BLING!  ;)
Walker calls Lynna a DIVA!
We might have a Little Lynna
on our hands...........

Fifty AND Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macy should have been Lynna's daughter!!!;)
We allllllllllllll agree on this one!
The Kardashians in full effect ;)))
Look at Kris and Bruce in the background!!!  ha!
I love my beautiful SISTAHS/Best Friends!!!
I couldn't help but ask my dad what it
felt like to have a daughter who is 50?!?!?!?!?!
Lynna is SO LOVED by SO MANY!
And loved MOST OF ALL by her
two handsome and sweet sons...
This gorgeous sister of mine has had some
tough times in her life and she is so
very strong.  Her very best friend that she
grew up with and had moved to another town
with and married friends was murdered
by the man she had married
(a friend to Lynna and Scott).
Her other childhood best friend
died from a horrible disease.
Lynna fought with all of her heart
to save her first marriage to a
really good man but one that had
made some major mistakes.
And now...well, this is the
ultimate.  She is living a
mother's nightmare...
but with GRACE and FAITH
and INSPIRATION.
I am so proud of and so
thankful for my fun, foxy
 and fifty year old sister.
She is not just my big sister...
but also a mother
AND a best friend all in one!  :)

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

Wow...what an amazing story of perseverance and faith! Lynna is quite a lady - not only is she fun, foxy, and fifty, she's FABULOUS!

Hugs...

angie said...

Love this post! You have an amazing sister:). Love you!