Saturday, January 21, 2012

Christmas Day 2011

"All right then, the Lord himself 
will give you the sign.  Look! 
The virgin will conceive a child! 
She will give birth to a son and 
will call him Immanuel."  
Isaiah 7:14

Immanuel means 
'GOD is with Us'...
I've never known anything more true in my life... 
Obviously:)
God truly is WITH us through it alllllllllll....
It does my heart and soul so much good
to see Macy & Travis together.
I myself grew up with these two...
There is nothing quite like all of us 
being together at my parents' house for
a holiday.  While it is VERY different from
how it used to be; it is FAR better than last year.
That's when we spent Christmas
Day at Texas Neuro Hospital in Austin.
At that time Travis was barely 
awake and was just beginning to 
hold his head up on his own.  
It is beyond words to behold a 
miracle in your very own life.  
When we join hands and pray as 
a family on Christmas Day,
our hearts are so grateful that we can
hardly form the words for the prayer. 

My mother makes the most wonderful
Christmas meal EVER ever EVER.
It breaks our hearts that Travis
can't eat with us.  We take turns
eating so he is not left out.
He loved my mother's cooking
so, so much.  :((((((
We certainly have extra rolls now. ;(


After lunch, we opened presents!
Grandmother & PaPa came through
with the main thing Huds wanted...
Hudson had to show Travis:)
With the grandkids being older,
it's kinda the Walker, Hadlee, Hudson
gift opening show at first! ;)
My dad is THE hardest person to buy for...
he never wants for anything.
This year he told us he wanted
a Baylor coat.  My sisters and I
were so excited to get him this!!!
A few months ago Grandmother was with
Travis at CNS and he chose "Hangover"
for them to watch.  My mother wasn't much
of a fan of that particular movie,
but she watched it with him anyways! 
How hilarious that she got him
"Hangover II" for Christmas!  ;)))
Uncle Wendell came through in a BIG
way spoiling my kids ROTTEN!!!
Grandmother got Hudson
these Toy Story pj's and as soon
as he opened them, he HAD
to put them on!!! 
Of course Aunt Lynna hooked
Miss Priss UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Travis got Janitor Huds his very
own DIRT DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haddie was thrilled over her
Build-a-Bear gift card from Wendell!
Travis liked the Superman shirt
and hat we got him:)
This.was.HILARIOUS.
Wendell had told Lynna to get him
a hunting hat for the cold.
Lynna came upon this one at
Academy and thought that is
what he meant. 
Well, it wasn't
BUT Wendell told us he would
definitely wear it the next time
he robbed the Circle K! ;)))
Troy thought he'd be better off
robbing Bush's Chicken since it
kinda looked like a chicken;)
The Merritts spend Christmas in Dallas
with Patric now since they want
to be in their own home for Santa.
They left money for all the kids...
my mother announced each envelope
for each kid.  "I have an announcement...
To Walker...Love the Merritts"!!!
The head scratcher I put with Macy's
gift was a hit with everyone:)
True beauties...
I love the kindred spirits....
We missed Walker for a while and wondered
why in the world he was so quiet?
Setting up one of his Legos that Aunt Michelle
and Uncle Terry had given him of course!
Are they not the best looking
brother/sister duo in the world?!?
We all love us some handsome HB, too!
My mother and dad surprised "the girls"
with Kardashian bags and Kardashian
necklaces!  It was too funny!!!!
Move over Kardashians.....
we are the Gibson Girls! ;)))
How funny that the one who got us
going on the whole Kardashian
girl thing was our photog;)
Papparazzi everywhere;)
Lynna wanted a picture of her green
jeans and Walker made sure she got one;)
I love my gorgeous sistahs!
Sweet, beautiful blogger Beth sent
us these AMAZING Jesus Calling
devotional books.  She is truly a gem!
So faithful and true to a family
she has actually never even met. 
God bless her heart & soul!
She is our sistah now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kris and Kim before the split ;)))
We all have a good time, I tell ya!
I am SO thankful that Uncle 'Willard'
is back with us at Christmas!!!
The crazies...Haddie had changed into
one of the darling outfits from Aunt Lynna!
Big Huds stayed in his new pj's all
day long...and finally crashed that evening!
How AMAZING is this picture?!?
THIS is proof that God IS with us!
"What, then, is the God I worship? ...
You are the most hidden from us
and yet the most present among us,
the most beautiful and yet
 the most strong, ever enduring;
and yet we cannot comprehend you."
-St. Augustine
TWO aunts BLESSED beyond MEASURE!:)
I love this picture..............
because I love that boy so much!
Our hearts are so full!
I was pretty much holding Travis up...
especially after we had been making him
stand there for so long for the pictures.
He kept acting like he was going to
fall backwards into the tree though
just to scare me!!!!!!!!!  He's a MESS!
Just so very, very deeply and eternally
grateful to God for another Christmas
with our family at Grandmother's...
"Now we see things imperfectly
as in a cloudy mirror,
but then we will see everything
with perfect clarity.
All that I know now is partial and incomplete,
 but then I will know everything completely,
just as God now knows me completely."

This verse, 1 Corinthians 13:12, promises
a day when we will no longer see
 through imperfect eyes.

God is with us NOW and
God will be with us THEN. 

Such a beautiful and amazing
Christmas!  Thank you, Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

Awww...what great pictures! I love the one with the devotional book...I'm so glad you, Lynna, and Michelle like it. I gave the book to my mother, too. Truly one of the best devotionals I've ever had!

One of these days, girl...I've never flown a plane in my life, but I've already told Bill how I want to come and see my FAMILY.

Love you...