Sunday, November 30, 2008

Walker's Thanksgiving Feast at School...

with ME as the Room Mom!

(this is my last Thanksgiving post...but since this is my on-line journal that I plan to print & present to my children, I must include this event!)

Walker's kindergarten class had thier annual Thanksgiving Feast on Tuesday. WOOOO nellie...their Room Mom was a little overwhelmed! Ummmm...that'd be ME!!! The agenda included THE STUDENTS making pancakes in the classroom on an electric skillet, fruit kabobs, turkey roll-ups, and pumpkin pie fluff!

Seeing this little guy's joy at me being there made
everything just fine though...
Mrs. Hentschel is just Heaven sent!!!
Cutie Pie Punkins...
Walker has such a sweet and well-behaved class...My favorite lil' Turkey... Feasting away (and thankfully no child
was injured by the electric skillet! ha!)...
The cute, little guy on the right asked if I would take a
picture with him (SO CUTE!) and then these other
guys joined us...I felt so popular!!!
But most of all, I just wanted my picture with
my favorite little man in all of kindergarten...

Don't look for me to be PTA President ever (although I have great respect for those who devote so much of their time to the school), but I'll take every opportunity I can to be involved in some way with Walker's class!

That is until he won't let me anymore!!!

4 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I was so about to email you about this event. I have been waiting to hear about it. ha! Sounds like it was a success. "And the award goes to for best room parent....." that would be you! Shoot, you have all the makings of a PTA president! I love the pictures of you and your big kindergartner. I know these kind of pictures mean the world right now to you. He is growing up. So precious! Way to go room parent!

Beth E. said...

Great photos...they bring back memories of when my boys were younger. I was the homeroom mom for both boys' classes, which always made party time interesting!

You better make sure you attend all of the PTA meetings, or you just might end up being president after all! :o)

Rhonda said...

Love this post! I have always been room mom since kindergarten and, as I'm sure you know, you will never be sorry for being involved! I love that all the kids in Savannah's grade level "know" me and talk to me! The majority of them I have known for 5 years and it has been so fun to watch them grow up!

As far as PTA President goes - believe me, before you know it you will be serving on the PTA Board, as I do! I swore I would never do it, but SOMEONE has to and I feel bad when they don't have enough volunteers!!

angie said...

Awesome job Room Mom!!! That looks like quite a bit of work?!?! I love your new Christmas page, pink of course:) Walker looks so happy in those pictures, too cut!