Monday, November 24, 2008

A Thankful Kindergarten Mommy

Was it already my son's Fall KINDERGARTEN Open House?!?
Surely it couldn't already be!!!

It was actually perfect that it took place the week before
Thanksgiving. As far as Walker & Kindergarten goes,
I have MUCH to be thankful for...and then some!!!
Sweet, Beautiful Mrs. Hentschel...
I could not have dreamed of a more perfect teacher for Walker!
And for the icing on the cake...
a wonderful student teacher, too!!!

Meet the class TeePee...

Lil' Miss Priss was quite impressed!!!Walker invited Haddie Girl inside...
to read a FROG & TOAD book
(his favorite type thanks to Kelli G. and Kate Kate!)
To be funny, Walker's teachers moved his turkey over
to the next classroom's corn. Go figure that MY little
Turkey's turkey would be eating the other teacher's corn!!!
Walker's teachers told me that four other students had put
Walker's name on their 'Thankful Turkeys'!
This brought a tear to mommy's eyes!!! My sweet, friendly boy!
Here are three of them...of course I had to capture this!!!Speaking of friends, this is Matthew! Such a cutie!
He is on Walker's basketball team...cool mo dee!!!
This is Anthony. Walker has talked about this cutie since the first day of school!Haven't I already told you how much I LOVE
Walker's fall art work?!?
These are for sure some new faves...

Haddie wasn't quite sure what to think of Pilgram Walker...
Just the other day, Walker mentioned to me that
he had been working on his POWER POINT at school.
Excusez-moi?!?
I can barely create a power point!
We were able to see it when we visited the computer class!!!
YOU GO KINDERGARTEN!!!
Troy and I must have been the proudest parents
at Open House (well, I guess all the parents were...but STILL!!!).
Hearing comments like...
"I wish we had a whole class full of Walkers",
"He does so well in gym...I can always
call on him as my example."
"The students always choose Walker when
we play games in class."
was like sweet MUSIC to this MOMMY'S ears!!!

I was SO, SO overwhelmingly thankful to hear such things!
You never know what tomorrow will bring, what will
change, how things will affect your child, ect.
For now, I am CHERISHING these good days!!!
On a lighter note,
if Scholastic Book Fairs would like to use this photo
in their next campaign, they most certainly can...
This is that proudest Daddy I mentioned before...
And this is the proudest Mommy and Sister, too...
We love Walker's school, his teacher, his behavior,
his progress, his enthusiasm, his spunk, his kindness,
just his everything!!!

But beyond what we heard and saw that night,
I am MOST PROUD of this...
Walker was the only student in his class to put
God and Jesus on his Thankful Turkey!!!

I, myself, am one THANKFUL MAMA TURKEY!!!!!

3 comments:

angie said...

oh mindy what sweet words to hear about your son:) so sweet! I love the pilgrim artwork, that's too cute!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Ok, this is so sweet! Walker is just one awesome kid. He has a tender heart, is a great friend to many (the 3L's fave), and so funny. I love reading about this handsome boy. I will never forget him and his bible teachings in the hood. ha! We love you Walker.

Beth E. said...

Awww...I remember those kindergarten days! So much fun. And what great boy Walker is! A friend to all...no wonder you are so very proud.

I've always been a sucker for books...Scholastic Book Fairs were always so much fun for my boys...who can say no when your child wants a book? I still have all of my boys' favorite books. They will be passed on to grandchildren one day. :o)