Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Traumatic & Dramatic BUT Fun Weekend

So, let me tell you how we got this party, I mean WEEKEND,
started. As if Hadlee's strep throat on Thursday
wasn't enough, I picked Walker up at school on
Friday afternoon and took him and Haddie for flu shots.
(Note: Daddy met us there for back up!).
Walker was a champ and Hadlee was devastated.
It was like it hurt her feelings.
When we took baths that night and she saw the bandaid,
she started crying all over again saying..
"I don't wannnnnn shot, I don't wannnnn shot."

Call it poor planning, but after the flu shot Walker had a hair
cut appointment. He's also a champ at hair cuts
(since he started getting them at nine months old),
BUT still...not his fave activity by any means.

Later that evening we loved on Daddy
and sent him off to the deer lease.

Saturday I took the kids to a birthday party.
So fun because both kiddos were invited.
It's a brother/sister combo like ours who we met through soccer.
It was at the jumping place and the kids had a ball.
Walker and some boys were wrestling and goofing off
and I heard Walker say "HEY, you hit me in my flu shot."
Walker then lifted up his shirt sleeve to show the proof
(that was just a funny side story for ya!).

The party was a blast...BUT THEN
du du du dunnnnnnnnnn............
as we left the building Walker noticed all of
these chalk rocks next to the building.
He just had to have one and ran over to grab one
(against my wishes I might add!).
Unfortunately for him, he didn't notice the ledge hanging
against part of the rock wall. He bent down, grabbed the rock
and raised back up and hit his head on the steel ledge.
Just as nobody EVER told me about febrile seizures
until my own child started having them,
nobody also ever told me how the head bleeds like no other?!?
We rushed back into the jumping place, and several helped me.
The owners and the birthday girl's mommy were amazing...
at first they thought it needed stitches
but after they got it cleaned up well enough,
they decided it was okay.
Hello, vasucular head, easy does it on the blood.
This Mama don't like that!!!

Instead of the emergency room, we headed to Target for a treat
(the Ben10 watch Walker has been eye-ing for months!).
A lady stopped us in Target to inform me that my son's head was bleeding.
I wanted to say,
"Yes, I know. It just happened but we had to stop by Target.
We'll head to the emergency room after we shop!" HEE HEE!

The wound has not given us any more problems (but he did have to sleep on a seat cushion...nothing short of dramatic?!?).

Oh, do you notice the sticker on Walker's forehead? That was just some bed time fun!

Hummmm...who should I pray for tonight?!?

Haddie had us in stitches (ha!) as she thanked God for Target, HEB and WalMart.

Amen sistah. You can say Target again.

All's well that ends well.

While we should have been at church on Sunday morning (my biggest weakness), Walker dressed himself in the outfit that Kelli G. and Kate gave him when he was about three.

He LOVED this outfit. And obviously he still does.
(I will get ya'll back someday...the Strawberry Shortcake
outfit didn't work...but I'll think of something!).
And how in the world he can get Hadlee
to put on whatever he says, I have NO idea.
She and I fight every single day over the rain boots
(unless it's raining...then she usually doesn't want to wear them).
This time I went with it and added some accessories for her..
And it wasn't just the red bow and red leggings...
but also a yellow Ramone tatoo to complete the ensemble!And finally...Tough Man Pierce with a gash to his head,
a flu shot, and a soccer tattoo!!!

What a weekend! Really, we had a blast other than the flu shots and the head injury!!! Hope you had a good one!

9 comments:

angie said...

Oh Mindy...so sorry about the head injury, it sounds like you handeled it like a real pro! I LOVE the Lightning McQueen outfits, I was laughing so hard at those. That Kelli G needs a really "pretty" christmas sweater for Kate, don't you think?!? I hopw you have a better Monday!

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness - what a CRAZY weekend! I'm so thankful Walker's gushing with blood head injury wasn't any worse!! That had to have been sooooo scary for you. And no hubby at home to help calm you!!! You know, it pretty much freaks US out more than the kids! Well, I'm glad everyone survived the crazy Pierce weekend and let's hope for a quiet and calm new week!

Graham said...

I am so dreading injuries!You are a great mom! AND as usual your babies are oh so cute. Kiss Walker's poor little head for me!

Amanda said...

Oh wow, your weekend was sure full of events, wasn't it! Glad Walker's head is okay. Isn't it funny how things like this happen when the dad's are out of town. Ha! Glad you guys had fun through all that crazyness!

Our Journey said...

what a crazy weekend!!! I hate that Walker had such a tramatic head injury!! It sounds like you handled it like a pro though!! It is so great to see Walker and Haddie laugh and have fun together!!! They truly are some cute babies!!

Jennifer said...

Oh yikes! I cringed at every sentence as I read that! Poor Walker! I'm glad he didn't need stitches. M has had them twice (both times on her forehead) and it is so traumatic. I'm glad you both were spared the agony!

I've been a bad blogger again lately! Check back tomorrow or Tuesday...tomorrow is M's birthday so if I have time, I'll be doing a birthday post. If I don't have time, it'll be Tuesday! Have a great week my friend!

Beck said...

Poor boy!! Landon was helping me make sugar cookies on Friday night and he had a chair pulled up to the counter. His sock covered little feet slipped on the chair and he smacked his chin on the countertop as he fell. He literally bit through his bottom lip. It bled everywhere and Mama was in a panic that we needed to get some stitches! Luckily he was ok, but the stress was awful for me! I am surprised that Landon is 2 years and 4 months old, and no stitches yet! That in itself is a small miracle. Hope your handsome boy is back to feeling well in no time!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

YIKES! I am so proud of this momma for handling all that blood. Are you trying to steal my job? jk! Sweet Walker, RoRo is so sorry for what happened. That would have scared me too. SOOOOO glad to know he is ok! I loved the McQueen outfits. Landry had me stop reading your blog to look at all the pictures. He loved them too! Yea, it is about time Kelli G needs a "really nice" outfit for Kate! (Sorry Kelli if you are reading this. ha!) You guys take it easy down there. This nurse will be oncall over here:)

Unknown said...

That is a crazy weekend - but it sounds like it all turned out ok! I am sure you were exhausted when it was all said and done!