Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Professional Pictures

Allrighty then, tomorrow is the day...we MUST have a professional family portrait taken ~ notice I didn't say made just yet. You neeeeeeever know how my little buttercups are going to react to a strange man, an unknown place & a weird CAMERA. Wait a minute, Walker is five and good to go (with BRIBERY of course!). But Sweet Haddie Paddie Pie...ya just never know.

I do not like myself in pictures ~ and the ones that I do like myself in are always candid shots. We have put the dreaded family picture off for....well, forever! The time has come...Hadlee kinda has her 'look' now, Troy insists that our family is complete (boo hoo), and it's just time. Don't get me wrong, I take a GAZILLION pictures every single day (literally) and we've had our fair share of trips to Sears Portrait Studio (but we'll never return there again I do know that).

So, a couple of weeks ago, we met with this well-known photographer in our town and he suggested we wear black & jeans. Perfect ~ my thoughts exactly. But, he also suggested long sleeves ~ you guys into photography know the 'look' he wants to capture. Okay, Walker & Hadlee have nothing. Troy claims to have nothing. And well, of course, I just want something new.

Here's the breakdown:
*Initial Meeting with the Photographer ~ $81
*Long sleeve knit shirt for Troy from Gap ~ $19.50
*Polo for Walker from Dillards ~ $29.50
*Old Navy jeans for Walker size 7 Slim ~ $28 (one for $19.50 or two for $28!)
*Long sleeve button down fitted Gap shirt for me ~ $39.50
*Black dress for Hadlee ordered from Gap Online ~ $24.99 + $5 flat rate shipping
*Black bow for Hadlee from Dillards ~ $8
*Long sleeve, v-neck knit shirt for me from Express (in case I don't like the other shirt) ~ $19
*Long sleeve button down Gap shirt for Troy (in case he doesn't like the knit one) ~ $39.50
*Five fights between Troy and me ~ Free
*Finding the PERFECT black long sleeve Nautica shirt in Troy's closet TONIGHT after I have already washed his two new shirts from the Gap ~ HUGE laughter (what else could we do?)

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hoping to end this post tomorrow with the final breakdown which is the COST of the pictures and I am sooooooooooooooo hoping it will look like this:
Professional Pictures ~ PRICELESS.

Better yet, I am actually hoping that People Magazine will be calling offering us 14 million dollars for the photos. And yes, just like Brangelina, we will also give the money to charity (well, most of it!).

As for tonight, I'll leave you with a professional shot of Hadlee ~ one of her two year old photos taken about a month ago. It's the only one Troy has scanned in yet. Here's my Girl Buttercup...


Wish us luck!!! And I'll be sure to let you know if People calls!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You are so funny! I can't wait to see the pictures. Just relax but I know that's always easier said. Have fun!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Girl, you are cracking me up over here!Good luck today. You have such a beautiful family and the pictures are going to be awesome!! Can't wait to see them:)

Rhonda said...

Oh, do I ever know exactly what you are going through! We did the outdoor black shirt and denim pics in November, but I don't have the excuse of small children - my daughter was 9 at the time and clothing is always a drama!! The photographer probably took 200 shots! When we left he told us that he would be providing a DVD slideshow set to music in about a week. He also mentioned that if we spent at least $500 on photos, the DVD would be a gift. Well, after I placed the final order and came home WITH the "free" (!!!) DVD, my husband said he truly didn't want to know what I had spent!! But, in my opinion, pictures are always worth it! Good luck and I can't wait to see the shots - you have a beautiful family so I'm sure they will turn out perfectly!

Beck said...

Your sweet girl is such a beauty! I can't wait to see the pictures! Getting a 'good' family shot is always just out of reach for us! The kids are too young still and one of them blinks, has their fingers in their mouth, or Travis and I are both looking at the kids! LOL...someday! (: Have fun!