Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Birthday Boy

Happy Sixth Birthday to the Little Boy Love of my Life...Walker Dalton Pierce!!!



I really can't believe it has been six years since I gave birth to this little guy. WOW! Six amazing, wonderful years. Troy and I tried for almost two years to get pregnant with Walker. It didn't seem that long to me (except for the seven day stretches of you know what each month!). Troy was definitely ready for kids sooner than I was, so this time period was really okay with me. God knew what He was doing on the timing thing (as usual!).

I remember hugging and jumping up and down and crying and running around our house the night we got the positive pregnancy test. I remember taking THIS picture of my flat stomach ~ yes, that was the last time it was ever that flat! ha!
It was just an unbelievable time. The pregnancy was fairly easy ~ just extreme fatigue, a pair of brown cordury Gap pants that literally made me vomit if I saw them or thought of them, and kankles like no other. Then Lil' Guy as he was referred to during the pregnancy decided he really didn't want to come out of Mommy's nice, big comfy tummy. Two weeks after his due date, my doctor finally induced me ~ and after about 27 hours of that & one moment of me telling my Aunt that I really didn't think I could handle a minute more of labor (to which she replied, 'oh honey you don't have a choice at this point!'), Walker Dalton Pierce made his debut into this world. He was plump and pink and so handsome!!! Weighing in at 8 pounds 13 ounces, Daddy was over the top excited with his long awaited son & I knew at that moment my life was complete. We had a huge crowd in the waiting room ~ I guess about 25 or so people. Proud Daddy Troy went out to announce the arrival ~ with tears ~ as he shared the name and the meaning of the middle name (Dalton). The 'Dal' is for Troy's favorite man - his Grandfather Robert Dallas and the 'ton' for my favorite man ~ my Dad Welton Harold.
Right after we checked in August 26th ~ I had NO idea what that night & the following day was going to hold...

Here are probably my most treasured pictures...these were taken in the wee hours of the night (or morning!) when Walker was about five or so hours old. Unbelievable.

Walker was a DREAM baby from day one. He slept through the night every night we were in the hospital! It was CRAZY wonderful! Those nights of just Troy, myself and our beautiful baby boy in our dark, cozy hospital room were truly some of the most amazing moments of my life. I was just consumed with love and gratitude and faith and peace. If ever I had doubted God, those moments were washed away.

We brought Walker home to his beautiful baby blue room his Mamaw and PaPa Jimmy helped create and to his precious bedding his Grandmother and PaPa had bought for him. Oh and the sweet clothes and toys from ALL of our wonderful and amazing friends and family. These were just precious, precious times.
Walker continued to be such a good baby! I really didn't have to work very hard at all to get him into a routine...he was a natural (and all of my good reading paid off, too!)!






I fell in love with my husband all over again watching him in his new & most coveted role ~ Daddy.

"Walker D" as we often called him came fully equipped with a personality like no other! As he became mobile, I quickly realized my 'easy' days were over. That boy was EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME! All boy and always 100%! And smart, he has always been like a sponge ~ he would sit in the bath tub and find the specific foam letters I asked for before he was even TWO! These six years have been one fun & interesting ride with that boy!!




And the phases...oh my his phases. I think I'll just allow his birthday party pics to demonstate this point ~
First Birthday...okay, so I got to choose this one ~ baby boy baby blue of course!

Second Birthday...Choo choo chugga chugga, Big Red Car, Walker was WILD about The WIGGLES!
Fort Walker was built for this birthday!
Then we had to see the Wiggles LIVE in Dallas...
Walker was in shock (so were we!)...
That's Walker on Troy's shoulders on the left ~ Jeff is waving at him! ha!
Such an adorably sweet two year old...


...AND wild!!!

Third Birthday...Thomas the Train and nothing but Thomas the Train. Whether it be wooden, battery powered or take along ~ it was Thomas and his friends. Surely Troy & I own part of the Thomas the Tank Engine Empire.
Our first 'Day Out With Thomas' in Grapevine...
Early on in his collection...
"Day Out With Thomas" in Austin...

He knew (knows) every single train's name...
My THREE year old...a pure delight ~


It was in April while Walker was three that he took on his biggest role yet...BIG BROTHER! And in such a sweet, amazing way. He loved Haddie from the moment she was born & he hasn't stopped!





Fourth Birthday...Lightnin' McQueen fast ~ we are nothin' but into Dixney Pixar CARS. Full Speed!

He wanted to live in this outfit that Kelli G. got him (as a joke to me!)...



Fifth Birthday...snakes, crocks and Steve Irwin mania "CRIKEY"!!!

You guessed it...the Steve Irwin stand-up was a gift from the Reeds!!!


This was the craziest party yet...






First team sport...SOCCER!


Sixth Birthday...pretty much still all of the above (except for Wiggles!) and now soccer, lots of friends, t-ball, riding bikes and Under Armour clothing!




Throw in an Aggie jersey and hat for the last three years; add in the sweetest, most devoted love for a little sister; and a heart that cares and loves quite deeply for a little boy; a sweet love for Jesus and you have my six year old little man, Walker Dalton Pierce. I have laughed more, loved more, smiled more, and thanked God more since August 27, 2002. For this, I will forever be thankful.

Happy Birthday to the best little boy I've ever known!

Mommy and Daddy love you more than words & pictures (even on a blog!) could EVER express!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet sweet post-I am crying! You always pour your heart into your postings and I love it! Your children will cherish reading your blog when they're older. It will be such a treaure to have to look back on. Amazing how fast the years fly by. You are such a glowing preggo person and I mean that seriously:) I don't know if I answered you when you asked me if Mona was my mom, but she is! Her name is Ramona and she didn't want to be "grandma" so we decided Bowen would call her Mona (she went by Mona in college).

Beck said...

Mindy, it is official! Walker is/was the cutest baby I have ever seen (well, besides my two)! And my gosh woman, you never age! You are as beautiful now as you were 6 years ago! Lucky Mama! Happy Bday to your handsome little man!

Amanda said...

What an amazing post! I loved reading all about your walker. Mason was soooo into the Wiggles too. He had that same car along with every DVD and Wiggle toy imaginable. You looked AMAZING as a pregnant mama! I wished I looked that good. haha! Your family is so beautiful and you are just so blessed!

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Pass the tissue please! Melt my heart why don't ya? Wow, what a precious post on Walker. I hope you print this out to show him one day. Very sweet:) He is a wonderful little guy. Must be because of this wonderful parents!

Oakley Overload said...

That is the most beautiful and sweetest posting of a little one's life journey!! Oh Mindy - how incredible and I'm so impressed with how you've cherrished and documented each of these precious moments! You are such a good Momma! Troy is such a sweet Dad. You can see it in his eyes when he is holding those kids and standing beside him. I cannot stop crying - it's wonderful! Thank you for sharing this!! HUGS!!!