Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Day in the Life

Haddie Girl may not look a thing like me...but I do believe she's got plenty of "Trendy Mindy" in her (the jury is still out as to whether this is a good thing or not!). Please notice the way Hadlee chose to wear her bracelet yesterday (I don't even wear an ankle bracelet ~ it's just in her blood to follow a trend, any trend)...

I wish I had taken her picture later on that day in her complete ensemble...not only did she wear the ankle bracelet all day long...but even with her hot pink jelleys!!! LOVEd it!

Move on to the other room...Walker loves to build things ~ race car tracks, train tracks, sheds, anything. As he was putting together a track for his battery powered trains, he started yelling at me to come & see. He said 'LOOK mommy, it looks like the outline of a body!" I don't watch crime scene shows (other than Greta Van Susteren) so I'm not sure when or where he's seen the blue tape that police outline bodies with...but nevertheless, I got a laugh! Talk about imagination ~ this kid has it!

And finally, our big errand of the day was to pick up Hadlee's new backpack and go and pick out her school supplies for Miss Heather's (the beautiful, talented, amazing, sweet person that Haddie stays with in the morning). I just had to capture this picture so I'll remember this day...because, first of all, Hadlee was THRILLED to see the crayons, pencils, paints, etc. going into the cart for HER, then watching her at home getting it all out to show Daddy, and finally just seeing how excited Bubba was for his baby sister. A melt your mommy heart moment for sure.

And did I mention how fun it was to pick out the pink, girly folder, pencils & backpack?!?

4 comments:

Blessings from the Reeds said...

I am loving these pictures! Yes, Haddie is just like her momma. Trendy Mindy and Happening Haddie:) Sending you guys some hugs down the street!

Amanda said...

So cute your kids are! Hadlee is such a girly girl and is a perfect fit for beautiful mommy!

angie said...

Love these pictures!!...aren't you glad that you have one of each:)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! Walker is such a great teacher...wonder where he gets that from?:) Ironically, the reason I got Bowen Frances the Piggy marker was because of the sounds and animal names.....trying to teach while she explores with color! I love the backpack for Haddie Girl. I have an embroidery machine, so it looks like I need to put Bowen's name on her backpack-love the way that turned out! They grow up to fast, don't they?! LOVE reading about your days....your kids are adorable. You have reminded me to spend more time teaching! Thanks!!!!