Saturday, March 29, 2014

My MHS...

I think I might say this every year...
but these three groups might be my best yet.
I just love my students so much!!!
I feel like they get better and better every year.
 
This year I am teaching a junior
English class and two Pre-AP sophomore
English classes.  This is my first
time to ever teach Pre-AP...
I figured they would be smarter than I am
and that I wouldn't like it;)
BUT I LOVE TEACHING THEM!!!
They are so bright and driven and fun!
My students amaze me!!!
 My intern leading the class in a
cool activity with Antony's funeral speech
in Julius Caesar.......
One day I had the students write a journal
entry about a time they were trying to do
the right thing, but it didn't turn out that way.
One of my 10th grade boys turned in
this response and it made me laugh so hard!
Wise young man!!!!!!!!  Hilarious!
All teachers and students in our district
have been issued iPads.  It's been a big "ordeal"...
with many opposing it and many supporting it.
I was cool with it either way but tend
to lean toward the side of technology
in each child's hand certainly isn't
going to hurt them.  It's the way of the world.
I run my class in such a way that I
don't allow them to abuse their
iPad usage...while at the same time,
I do let them have free time sometimes.
These kids deserve AND need breaks!!!
It's a really different atmosphere
with the iPads though!!!
I love it!
Hadlee and her classmates
LOVE their iPads, too!!!!!!
I get so attached to my students each year.
This is a fun group and I love my job:)
 I never know what to expect!
They are all FuNNy!!!!!
My intern is AMAZING this year and
I feel like I pretty much have turned my classes
over to her.  I am going to be LOST without her!!!
It's funny how I feel like I am her
mentor teacher (God bless her!),
her friend and I want to mother her
sometimes, too!  She's such a
beautiful, smart, amazing young woman!
LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: