Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My 39th Birthday

My sweets decorated for Mommy
on her 39th Birthday!!!
(well, actually HADLEE did!!!)
My sweet, sweet girl!!!!!!!!!
 After church, they gave me my gifts!
Hadlee went with a "chevron" theme...
LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!
They surprised me with an AWESOME
Texas Ranger blanket and perfume!
Troy loves to spoil me:)
 The weather was COLD and yucky that
day...in fact, the roads were ICY!!!!
We couldn't leave to go celebrate,
but that turned out PeRFeCT!!!!!!
We snuggled as a family under my new
blanket for most of the day....
there could be NO better way to celebrate
my birthday than with my favorite four!!!
This little lady was especially sensitive
to it being mommy's special day...
love her heart so much!
 Troy braved the ice on the roads
to go get pizza for us and my cake!!!
 "39"
 The first day of 39 was perfect...
 ...because of these sweet babies!!!!!!!
My best, sweetest birthday love and
wishes came from my little family
and my extended family/close friends,
but I also had messages and calls
and facebook posts from so many
dear, dear friends from forever
and from late!  39 is wonderful;) 
Even a few tears came to my eyes
when I talked to my parents on the
phone...they were wanting to
still come by even though
the roads were icy.  The little
girl in me really did want to
see them on my birthday;(
 I probably got 39 kisses
from this kid that day.....
 We played games...
Hunter has us hooked on Sequence!!!
 ...and Julia was on TV for my birthday!
 The Oscars didn't seem to interest
my man though...and he and I fought
over MY new blanket all day!!!!!!!
And we still are!!!!!;)
 I'm so NOT about gifts anymore...
of course I love "stuff" ~ don't get
me wrong, but I just hate for
people to have to buy things for me.
THAT being said though, I must
admit that I got the MOST
fabulous GIFTS EVER this birthday!!!
Everyone spoiled me!!!!!!!!
It started the day before my birthday
when this hilarious card
and jewels arrived from Kelli Kelly...
soooooooooooo us!!!!!!!!!!  ha!
(Love my bday earring exchange
with Kimberly & Kelli every year!)
I seriously wanted to lay out
all of my fabulous gifts and
take a picture, but I just felt
 too silly doing that!!!;)
My amazing friends, family & students
really, really know me and
my likes though!!!
I truly could go on and on!
FuN jewelry, scarves, pj's, a
monogrammed bag, candles...
oh MY!!!!!!!!!!
Such a fun birthday:)
 
Couldn't resist snapping this picture
on Friday morning
in my darling new Midway chevron
scarf that my birthday buddy,
Mrs. Bain, gave me!!!
(she's Melle to me...
but Mrs. Bain in our house!)
Other than the day with my family,
 my sweetest, best surprise came
from this GUY...first of all, he was so
bummed that we didn't get to go
celebrate my birthday that night:(
So the next day, after the ice had melted
and I went to see him, he had the
sweetest best hug for me PLUS a present.
A Brighton bracelet that I l-o-v-e LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
He's not supposed to be buying me gifts!
 I have about ten earthly possessions that
are TRULY priceless to me. The Tiffany's
bracelet that Troy gave me the day I had
Walker, a pillow that Troy's Grandma Robinett
gave me, a stuffed duck that my student
who passed away had given me right
before she suddenly died, a brunette
angel that my mother gave me...just to name a few.
Well, this bracelet just moved into that list!
Why?  First because I love it...it's just me.
But moreso because it's from Travis...
and I look down at it and I think of him
and how sweet he is to me and how he
expresses his love and gratitude to me. 
My cup runneth over in so many ways
and I especially realize and take note
of this on my birthday every year. 
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and
his courts with praise;  give thanks to him
and praise his name.  For the Lord is good
and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all
generations.  Psalm 100:4-5

No comments: