Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Travis & Another Baylor Session

Travis had ANOTHER awesome
session of speech therapy at Baylor
this semester!  Kylie was his therapist
and she was amazing.
She "got" Travis!
(And he thought she was hot!) 
Truly sooooooooooo very thankful
for Kylie...I think she was the best
one we've had yet at Baylor
and they have all been awesome:)
Travis made the MOST progress
he's made yet at Baylor during this session. 
How handsome is he?!?
I love him so much.
Even though I try really, really hard
not to get frustrated when I hear people
complain about things ('cuz I know I do it, too),
it does sometimes amaze me the things people
will say and I wish they could step in
Trav's shoes for even just THIRTY minutes. 
Their outlook on life would change. 
 

While I am more than eternally grateful for
Trav's life and the way he was saved three and a
half years ago, sometimes I just want to be sad
and shout on his behalf "it's not fair"! I see firsthand
what he has to go through as he continues his journey
to learn to talk, eat and walk independently
 and it makes my heart ache. I wish it were me and not him.
 
Then the week before Thanksgiving, he
writes a post for his blog ~
a real dose of perspective and THANKSgiving. 
He hardly mentions his struggles...
just gives thanks to God and everyone who has prayed for him. 
What a mighty miracle!!!!!

 
 Who wears a full burnt orange outfit to
Baylor campus on the week that
Baylor plays their biggest game of the season
AGAINST Texas?!?  THIS guy...........
He's a mess.
I remember worrying at the beginning of
this fall session how in the WORLD
I'd be able to get him to speech at Baylor
four days a week?  God helped and God provided...
as He always does.  I'm thankful for
Claudette who took Trav on Tuesdays
and served as back up.  She's an angel
in our lives.  I cherish my time with
Travis...sometimes I leave him feeling
sad but I always leave him knowing
that I've been with a miracle straight from God.
Thanksgiving also made me think
about this picture of Travis ...
I never knew I could love a little
being so much as I loved Travis.
God knew I needed him
 

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

I'm so excited about the progress Travis has made! I pray for him daily, convinced that God will continue to move in a mighty way for Super-T. As I've said before, progress is slow. It may seem like it's happening as baby steps, BUT they are steps in the right direction toward his healing!

Love this post and love you, sweet Mindy!