Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering 9/11

Today is 9/11.
I will never forget that day.
I was sharing a classroom with a teacher
at Midway High School...as I came into
her room to take over, she told me
what was going on and we turned on the tv.
Watching this and experiencing it
with a classroom of scared high school
students was surreal.  All of it was unbelievable.
 
For some reason today I especially woke up
thinking about the mothers who were pregnant
and lost their husbands that day.
Those little children are 12 now and
never got to know their daddies.
That breaks my heart.
Everything about 9/11 breaks my heart.
 
A year after 9/11, I had my own baby.
 I clearly remember holding him a little bit tighter
on that day as I watched coverage of what had taken
place a year earlier.  He was only two weeks old. 
 My dear friend from high school had sent
Walker and Kate "9/11" patriotic outfits...
 Kelli and I were so blessed that year
and 9/11 was certainly a reminder for us
to not take a second of our time for granted. 
Praying for all those directly impacted
by that tragic day twelve years ago:(
 
We will never forget!

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

Such a sad time in the history of our country...we will never forget!