Sunday, September 29, 2013

Travis and a New Doctor (:

My heart has been extra heavy for Travis
over the last couple of weeks. 
His daily struggles and his (actually OUR)
longing for his recovery to speed up
sometimes overwhelms me. 
I catch myself wanting to scream
WHY? WHY? WHY?
Even worse than that, I hear him
ask and wonder why? 
That.breaks.my.Heart.
 
If only Travis knew how much his family
wonders the same and wishes
all of this away for him.
Life can be really hard for some people. 
 
Thankfully, upon the suggestion of
his Hillcrest speech therapists after
a not so great swallow study,
Lynna took him to see an ENT Doctor.
The doctor goes to my church and I
happen to know him.  He's a wonderful
Christian man and has himself
beat cancer.  Lynna felt like the doctor
was really positive and willing to
try some things.  He is actually
the first medical doctor willing
to try anything.  We are SO thankful
and cautiously optimistic!
 
On Thursday, October 10th, this
doctor will dilate Trav's esophagus
and also use Botox on a muscle
that is not working properly. 
Please, please pray this helps Travis!!!
How incredible would another miracle be?
If it be in God's will.....
oh how amazing that would be!
 
He said to them, “Because of your little faith.
For truly, I say to you, if you have faith
like a grain of mustard seed,
you will say to this mountain,
‘Move from here to there,’
and it will move, and
nothing will be impossible for you.”
Matthew 17:20
The other day while we were at Baylor
for speech, Hudson and I were taking
a walk and we stopped by a fountain
to make wishes and throw in our pennies. 
I asked Hudson what he wished for,
and he said, "For Twavis to walk."
 
God bless my little Hudson's heart
and his love and his compassion
forming at such a sweet, precious age. 
It's moments like these that I know
without a doubt that God is near......
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18
 

No comments: