Thursday, September 19, 2013

Baylor (BEAR) Speech with Travis

 Travis recently started the fall semester
at Baylor Speech.  He is going four times
a week this session. It's so
awesome that they are offering him
this much speech therapy!!!
 
On two of the days, he attends an
additional "group" session...
the group consists of him and another
24 year old young man that went to
Midway and was in a horrible
accident last year.  This young man
can talk, but he has his own set of
issues and needs.  We are SO thankful
for someone young to be in this with
Travis ~ well, sad for both of them,
but thankful for both of them!
 
I have come to know this young man's
mom while we wait and it brings me
to my knees thinking about people
like her and my sister, and people I know of
battling cancer, and friends who have
children/babies with so many special needs.
I count my blessings.
Over and Over and Over
Tomorrow my whole life could
turn upside down...you just
never, ever know. 
Thank Goodness God sustains us
no matter what...through the good and the bad.
But it's still hard to not question why?:(
It hurts my heart so deeply to see
people suffer and endure so much. 
 
I continue to pray this verse over and over
Travis.."I will help you speak and I will
teach you what to say."  Exodus 4:12
I just truly believe God is going to use
Travis in many more ways than He
already has!!!  I just know it and believe it!
I take Travis three of the days...
and we usually have company!
Travis loves having Huds with us...
he brings us such joy and laughter!!!
They are kindred spirits(:
God has yet again provided us with an
amazingly wonderful speech therapist!
So thankful for PRECIOUS Kylie...
of course Trav thinks she is hot!;)
 Travis IS showing improvement in his speech...
it might not yet be in ways that we HEAR or SEE,
but I see it in his therapy.  They are finally working
on more sounds and some words.  This is HUGE!!!
This session they have asked that I not stay
in the room...perhaps La Tante did too much
talking for him;)  So, Hudson and I make
our own fun while we wait on Travis!
We ALWAYS go see the Baylor Bears
and we ALWAYS have FuN!!!!!
Such a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hudson is a blast!!!!!!!
I always tell him that the bear is
thinking there's..."LuNCH!"!!!!!!!!!  hee hee;)
What a sweet boy...going to Baylor "peech"
and just having fun no matter where or when!
 I told Huds to take my picture like I was scared...
but oops, he forgot to get the BEAR in the pic!!!!!!!!;)
On the way home, Hudson wanted to
take a pic of Trav and me...silly boy!!!!!
My Superman and my Spiderman
keep me on my toes...
AND they keep me smiling:)))
Tomorrow Travis is going to a doctor
to see if he might can dilate
something in his esophogus to help
with his swallowing.  It's a stretch...
but worth a try!  Please join us in praying!!!
A surgery or a procedure or ANYthing
that could help Travis would be
HEAVEN sent!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's possible!!! 
 
"Give all your worries and cares to God,
for He cares about you."
1 Peter 5:7

1 comment:

snekcip said...

Such wonderful news for Travis!!!Travis has always been a "Walking Testimony" as far as I'm concern. Travis speech therapist is beautiful. I can see why he thinks she is "hot". She looks about his age too!! Wishing Travis all the best and praying for nothing but GOOD RESULTS for the "procedure" on his esophagus.



PS Also, I must say Hudson looks SO MUCH like Walker in these photos!! Talk about a mini-me!!!