Sunday, September 1, 2013

Celebrating Walker's 11th Birthday!!!

“Making the decision to have a child
– it’s momentous.
It is to decide forever to have
your heart go walking outside your body.”
Elizabeth Stone

That is so true!!!!
This boy IS my heart!!!
 
Walker's 11th BIRTHday fell on the first
day of school this year.  That wasn't
such a cool thing to him;(
While he was gone for his baseball lesson
on the night before his special day,
the H's and I decided to decorate for his b-day!

Walker loves to say YOLO;)
so we couldn't resist putting that on his poster!
We had the lights out when he got home
and we jumped out to surprise him!
He was SO surprised!  ha;)
 
He's a total Daddy's Boy when he's not
being a total Mama's Boy!!!!!!!
 We let him open a couple of cards that had
come in the mail that day...
One from Mr. V...my dear friend:)
We love Mr. Vardeman!!!
It is so thoughtful of him to send my kids
cards and money for their birthdays. 
Grandma Pierce had also already
sent his card.  More money!!!
So, so kind of Grandma Pierce(:
 
In true Reed fashion, a card arrived for Walker
the day before his birthday from them. 
Still lovin' on us even from Austin!
I thought that was the perfect card to let him
open on the morning of his birthday/
first day of school!  He agreed:)
The Reeds have ALWAYS known how to make our day!  
Thank you to Casey, Robin, Lauren,
Luke & Landry ... miss them so much:(
 
Walker had a great first day of 5th grade
on his birthday.  Two of his classes
even sang Happy Birthday to him!  :)
That evening we were ready to
CeLeBRaTe the best 11 year old in the world!
"YOLO"
We love us some birthdays!!!!!!!!!❤
Happy "11", Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just can't seem to get over the fact that he's
eleven years old!  It was just yesterday that
we brought him home from the hospital...
after he entered this world as a PERFECT
8 pound 13 ounce butterball that slept through
the first two nights of his life. 
These were the absolute sweetest, most life
changing moments of my life! 
I can't believe that was ELEVEN years ago!!!
Eleven amazing years ago...
I swear it was L❤VE at first sight with him
when he was born and it hasn't stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
The family all met that evening
to celebrate our Walker D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even the cool college guys showed up;)
Crazy SiLLy Photo Bombing 11 Year Old!!! ;)
His FuN, FuN spirit is one of many
reasons why we LOVE him sooooo much!!!!!
Glad Uncle G came, too!

Time to Sing to Our Boy!!!

Hoping his wish comes true!!!
(AND wishing I knew how to work my new camera better!)
AWESOME new Ranger shirt from Garrett!!!
Reading a funny card from Uncle Wendell!
He raked in the money this birthday!!!  ;)
Hudson had picked his Big Bro out a card
at the store ~ a Superman one but then decided
on the way home that he wanted to keep it.
I thought Huds was over that UNTIL
Walker opened it and Hudson wanted it back again!!!
"Give me my card back!!!!!!!!!" was all Huds said!
Haddie Girl had also picked her Big Brother out
a Superman card ~ this one played the theme song.
She loves Walker so much ~ she just lights up
around him!  He TRULY is an incredible brother!
Has been since day one to her and Hudson❤
The latest, greatest iTouch like he wanted!!!
We won't let him have a phone yet...
but this will Facetime and text.  
The Pierce Party of Five just couldn't /wouldn't
be without our Walker D!!!!!!!!!!!!
We could not love him more!!!!!!!!
Walker is such a sweet guy ~ his heart and
the way he cares for others makes me so proud.
He is everything a first born son/
big brother should be.  
 
He will ALWAYS be our baby boy!!!!!!!!!
Whether he and Troy will admit that or not!  ;)
 It's pretty amazing that my own child...
my own son...teaches me to be a better person.
His innocence and the depth in which he
feels for others astounds me. 
There continues to not be a night go by
that he doesn't ask me to pray with him.
He never, ever fails to ask!!!
When I look at this child and think about
this child, there is no way I could ever
doubt God.  Walker is one of His sweetest
creations and my prayer will forever
be that Walker continues to grow into
a God-fearing, loving young man. 
 
 Happy Birthday, Walker Dalton Pierce!!!
 
You are my absolute JoY and SuNShiNE
          and you will forever be my HeaRT!!!!!!!!!!❤

No comments: