Friday, July 27, 2012

Walker's 3rd Grade Field Trip AND Market Day!!!


Being asked by my sweet first love
and his precious teacher to go on the
third grade field trip?  Even to
ride on the bus?!???!!!???!
Would.NEVER.ever.Miss.that.Opportunity!!!

ESPECIALLY when my child SAVES
a seat on the bus for his mama!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ms. Swafford's family owns and runs
the Central Texas Olive Ranch in
Georgetown and that's where we went....
It was VERY interesting and cool!!!!!!!!!
Such a great third grade class :)
Hay Ride
He melts my ever lovin' heart....
Their land is beautiful and I love the
family dynamics of the Swafford family:)
Such a neat family!!!
And they have the boy/girl/boy working:)
My heart......
Third Grader.....
Nine years old and just about
the cutest, sweetest, best thing
I've EVER known in my life!
Cade, Ms. Swafford, Walker
Fast friends:)
Amanda and I fell in love with Casey, too! 
The bus ride home was fun(ny)!!!!
One boy begged to ride by me!  ha!!!
But my guy would have nothing of that! ;)
I asked one of W's buddies
to take our picture.
He told me he would take a couple
because they were turning out so good! ;0)
Such stinkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even a third grader gets tired...
he fell asleep on our way back home that day!


Walker also had MARKET DAY
at school.  He and a friend partnered
and created their entire
business plan on their own!!!

Walker & Chris sold baseball and football cards
AND Big League Chew!
They made their poster themselves and everything!
I so wanted control of this project,
but they didn't need ME!!!  ;(
I didn't even get to see the poster until
Market Day when I came up there!
The "stache" was alllllllllllllll
Walker's idea.  He begged for me to take
him the day before to Fuddruckers to get
some mustaches out of the machines!!!
I had to oblige him this.
He thought the "stache" would really
increase his sales!!!!!!!!!! ;)
A kid from another class sold
goldfish.  The teacher had thought he
meant gold fish crackers...not real ones!!!
Regardless the gold fish were
a HUGE hit!!!!!!!!!!
Walker was so pumped over
"Big Orange"
(Big Blue and Big Blue Jr.,
our former fish, passed on quite some
time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I was so proud of my stache-wearing
entrepreneur.............
They did great and sold everything!!!
Good Job, Guys!
Best third grade teacher EVER!
He was showing me some
of his salesman faces ;)))
Work it, Walker!
He had me hook, line & sinker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Brother was also very proud.
He looks forward to his own market
day and getting to wear a stache
just like his big brother did!!!  ;)
On my way out, I saw this precious
little pie running over to see me!!!
Then when I picked her up a few
hours later, she was a pirate!!!!!!!
A very sleepy little pirate!  Arrrr!
While driving home I looked over
at Walker and Big Orange,
and suddenly noticed his hat????
I was like where did you get a
Heart of Texas Fair hat?
"I bought it for five bucks
at market day from Bryson
& Cade.  Isn't it awesome?"
Hilarious!!!
That night and weekend, Facebook was
going crazy with third grade
parents posting gold fish stories. 
Mostly how much everyone
had spent on gold fish bowls & food,
only for the fish to die.
Walker was determined that
Big Orange would make it...
BUT by Saturday evening,
Big Orange had passed away :(
R.I.P.
Big Orange

No comments: