Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sick, Sad, Sweet Girl

This little apple dumplin' absolutely
BREAKS my heart when she is sick:(
Initially we just thought she had
a fever virus.  She was so puny and sad:(
but managed this smile at Dr. Graham's
office for me to send to Mrs. Decker.
After a few days of fever,
she started developing a rash. 
It would come and go.....
But when the rash was "on"...
it was REALLY on!!! ;(
When I called our doctor,
he told me to bring her in immediately.
He wanted to see the rash himself...
not just pictures. 
Dr. Graham actually ended up taking
pictures himself for his own records!
She broke his heart, too. 
Sweet girl has to be the saddest, most
pathetic little sick person ever. :(
She was diagnosed with hand, foot and mouth
which explained the HORRIBLE
ulcers/sores ALLLLLLL in and around
her mouth and on her tongue. 
 That was absolutely THE WORST
part.  Our doctor could not be 100%
sure about the rash - was it part of the virus
 or was it a reaction to something
(the only thing I was giving her
was Motrin which I stopped)?
Feeling so awful, but could still
give me a sweet little smile.
I knew she was feeling better
when the rash started to fade again
and she asked to play CandyLand!!!
She won of course! :)
We made a trip to the library...
She had to miss five days of school :(
so I thought we better be reading!
I hate more than anything when my
babies feel sick!!!  I always tell them
how I wish it was mommy sick and not
them.  One day I told Hadlee
that I wish it was Daddy sick and not her.
She still giggles over that & says it!  ;)
Finally she was able to return to school.
I met her for lunch that day to make
sure she was able to eat something.
The ulcers in her mouth took
forever to heal!  Oh, that was awful!!!
I recently read a quote by
Jacqueline Jackson.  She said,
"When something is wrong
with your baby,
something is wrong with you." 
SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

That just broke an Auntie's heart! Poor thing. Chloe had the ulcers once when she was little. Boo!