Thursday, July 12, 2012

Almost TEN

I knew for sure there was a thing
such as 'love at first sight' on
August 27, 2002, when I first
saw my precious Walker. 
Here it is almost ten years later,
and I am even more in love with him!!!!!!!!!

BUT I just can't get over how big
and grown up he is becoming :(
And funnnnnnny....
Oh MY, this kid is FUNNY!
He is always up to something;)
One night the Rangers were losing on TV
and he disappeared only to return
suited up in a white uniform just like
the Rangers were wearing that night!!!
Every school year he has just done so
well and enjoyed everything.  I know a bad
year has to be coming and I DREAD it...
thankfully it was not third grade!
He LOVED it and I LOVED
popping over for lunch with him on occasion.
He's the best, sweetest date!
I miss one-on-one time with this kid....
Speaking of third grade,
this was his first year to take a two-day
standarized test.  He is actually in the first
group to take the STAAR test and his
teacher told his class that this made them
famous.  Walker fell for it, too!  ;)
Ms. Swafford asked us to secretly
write letters for our students so she
could have them on their desk for
each day of testing.....
She also told them they could wear
warm socks......well, Walker ran with
this and HAD to wear his Superman
RGIII socks!  AND of course be in full
Superman attire to give him those
special powers!!!!!!!
Superman socks just like Baylor's RGIII's
(but that is FO SHO not why Walker
is wearing them!!!...he's all about
Superman!!!!!!!!!!!)
I have no doubt he was prepared
for the STAAR test!
EXCEPT for the fact that when I picked him
up on the first day after the test, he couldn't
wait to tell me that he was the first one
to finish!  That it only took him two hours!
UH OH!!!!!  Sometimes not a good sign...
but I doubt it!  This kid was ready
and I'd bet he did awesome! :)
Day 2......still Supermanning it!!!!!!!!!!
Walker is also a FRIEND to ALL!!!!!!!!!
I love that.  It's one thing I am really
trying to instill in my children. 
One thing I've noticed about Walker
is that he views everyone as equals...
he just hasn't yet taken full notice
of who is cool and who isn't. 
I love that about him.
He is drama free......and most certainly
hasn't taken an interest in girls yet
(other than his mama!).
He's just a good kid. 
A little wild and crazy at home.....
but overall just such a good kid!
Still no color changes at school!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He loves him some baseball the most
and also some basketball and football
and AGGIES, Rangers, & Cowboys...
and of course his Legos!!!!
He is the best brother EVER to both
a sister and a little brother.
He idolizes his daddy.
AND he loves LOVES loves his mama!!!
Without fail every SINGLE night
before he goes to bed Walker says,
"PRAY"
and we say a prayer together. 
He never, ever forgets.
I am SO proud and SO sad (ha!)
to be the mother of an almost ten year old!!!

 “May the Lord give His
angels charge over you, to
guide you in all your ways."
Psalm 105:4

No comments: