Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life These Days

Somedays I just can't believe my life.
love being married & having three kids.
Sometimes I wonder what my life would
be like had Travis not been in his accident.
That aspect of my life takes SO much
out of me (and my family).
I know this isn't true, but I often
think my life would be perfect
had the accident not happened.
In reality, though, I know nothing in this
world is perfect and that there would be
other things occupying my mind and heart.
It actually shows me how much
I must have taken for granted before.
All of that is a mute point now anyways,
and fortunately I really don't take much
for granted these days.  Like sweet new
friends who have us over...AND have kids
that get along so well with ours!!!  ;)
 AND hubbies who hit it off!
 Seems like we've been friends
with them forever.....
 Supporting a little brother to a kid
we've played on teams with who is
fighting cancer...ABSOLUTELY!!!
And praying for him every single day...
 The best part of all of that:
He is winning his fight!!!!!!!!
My boy loves to read!!!!!!!!
But studying his spelling words?
Not.So.Much!
(I was calling out the words to him
and when he handed them back to me to
check, he had made sentences out of
the words WITH "beeeeeping" in them! ~
something he thinks is quite funny!).
Little does he know it's actually,
BLEEPING!  ha ha!
I love me a treasure...and I love me some
plates to put in my glass cabinet in the
corner of my kitchen.  Hadlee painted this at
school and then we were able to order
it on different things.  Of course I chose
the plate:  made by my angel, a cupcake,
AND a plate!!!  PRICeLEsS!:)
Dance Pictures with my Darling...
Daddy doesn't allow even an ounce
of make-up for our Diva!!!
Even for dance pictures ;)
She doesn't need it anyways!!!
I.Love.Her.
I have worn contacts since 9th grade.
I deteste glasses!!!  They drive me
crazy.  My contact people have been
begging me to get glasses forever...
and one day, I busted out and did!!!
They were so happy with me that they
threw in a free pair of sunglasses!
Couldn't WAIT to send this to Troy because
he thinks I have an obsession with sunglasses;)
I love my son's devotion & dedication!!!
Out practicing his pitching with Dad........
I love THIS little girl's spunk...
absolutely no desire to sign up for a sport,
but can't get enough of playing
one with her Bubba & Daddy!
The perfect car wash ;)
48 bags of a snack mix for two days
of STARR testing in Walker's class?!?
Why not??? 
(Per teacher's request of room mom...
not my bright idea!)
 First Period English II
on our last day with our student teacher :(
 Cake!!!
 Sweet Miss Rose...with Bodi!
He's a mess!!!  Clayton back there, too!
 Second Period....
 Teaching with Mrs. DeFord & Miss Rose...
one of my best years yet!
 ADORE these two SO much!!!
 SO thankful that Marissa has a job with us now!
 My poor, poor Walker D :(
God bless his heart...he keeps getting
staph, too:( It.kills.me.
Having these spots lanced HURTS sooooo
terribly bad.  I never, ever see him
cry like this.  It's just AWFUL.
 And then it hurts SO MUCH afterwards :(
Hate.that.Stuff.
I truly can sympathize with my baby. 
Park play with precious dance friends....
Kenley, Ella Kate, Hadlee
My Little Love!!!
 Only boys would think to create
a "crime scene"!!!!!!!!
 Jonah & Walker
 Love 'em!!!!!!
Cade won the auction to be
Principal of the Day in 3rd grade
and he chose Walker to join him
in his "office" for a Sonic lunch that day!
Ms. Swafford sent us this pic....
 Teacher Appreciation Day?!?
We are told to bring flowers to the
teachers (so I sent each
one a pretty rose), but I also got
creative...upon the urging of my
friend Amanda;)  Mrs. Decker collects
crosses so she got one with a
flower on it.  Ms. Swafford collects
Willow Trees so she got one that
is holding a bouquet of flowers!  :)
 Our wonderful 'specials' teachers got
a card & lotion (with flowers on it!)
delivered by Hadlee....
 While Walker delivered a pretty
rose to each of them, too!!!
So thankful for friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Especially fun friends like these
on beautiful spring days......
My life?!?
 
Fun, Sweet, Busy & Tiring .............
...and even with something so huge
affecting me and breaking my heart
every single day ~
 My life is still absolutely as close to
perfect as you can get!!!

"Thanksgiving -- giving thanks in everything --
prepares the way that God might show us
His fullest salvation in Christ. 
The act of sacrificing thank offerings to God -
even for the bread and cup of cost,
for cancer and crucifiction -
this prepares the way for God to show us
His fullest salvation from
bitter, angry, resentful lives and
from all sin that estranges us from Him."
Ann Voskamp

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Aw, such a sweet post!!!!!! And you look great in glasses, you little hottie!!!!