Monday, May 17, 2010

Hot Pink Shirt OR Baylor Shirt???

The first graders at Walker's school got to
go on a field trip to Baylor for a tour and
an afternoon with the
Lady Bears Basketball Team
(as in the ones who went to the Final Four!!!).
I must say that I was a little bit worried
over how Walker would handle a day
of green & gold especially since I had recently
found this note in his backpack...
(apparently that day at recess the
football team that he was playing on
decided to change their team name
to Baylor and Walker quit right then and there!!!)
He must have forgotten that his very
own mommy went to "Baler"!!!
I'm not "werd"!

Nonetheless, field trip day arrived
and to top things off Walker had to
wear his HOT PINK class shirt!
That's a whole other story.................
just know this, the entire class and the
teachers now refer to these shirts as
'faded maroon'.
I thought the boys were too cute in
their faded maroon shirts!
The kids got to play basketball with the
Lady Bears on their court!This Lady Bear, Melissa Jones,
had just given her testimony at
our church the Sunday before!Mrs. S and I had a ball on the tour!
We were stalking and sneaking
around the entire time!!!This is Jeremy Wariner...
he won a GOLD medal in track at the 2008
Olympics. STalkers!!!The players were so super nice and fun.
And their facilities are AWESOME!
Walker probably wouldn't have admitted
it that day, but he was having FUN!
This is Walker and his friend with Britney Griner
(she's famous in women's basketball!)...Oh yes, the girls handed out shirts to the classes.
Walker immediately looked over at me and
said, "Haddie can have mine!"
As you can see, his Aggie pride NEVER waivered
during our day at Baylor!In fact, I think he was the only first grader
who did NOT put on the green Baylor shirt!!!
Yes, indeed, he preferred hot pink over Baylor green!
This picture was for my parents since they
are the Lady Bears' #1 fans.
My dad LOVED it when I went to Baylor!
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Walker's
teachers?!? They have even understood and dealt
with my son's crazy wild obsession with
Texas A&M all year long!
They better hang on...
Walker came home and had a long talk
with Hudson about "Baler", A&M
and basketball.
At least Hadlee might enjoy the
field trip to Baylor when she gets
to first grade!!!
As far as Hudson...
looks like he's following in Big Bro's footsteps!

5 comments:

Jeanne Dittmann said...

What a great field trip. I would have so been stalking the locker rooms, too! And I love that picture of Brittney Griner, longer on the floor than the whole class standing there!

Shannon said...

That Walker....now I am not so sure he and Landon can be buddies. There will be war between Troy and Brad when talking BU and ATM sports! :-) My favorite pic is of his buddies in their BU shirts and Walker refusing! So funny! I am so jealous you got to hang with the Lady Bears....I am such a fan!

Beth E. said...

Walker's team loyalty is serious business! lol

I'm glad he was able to have fun, even though he had to suffer through going to Baylor! ;-)

Kimberly said...

Good job Walker for making it through such a tough day. I know he bleeds maroon!
xoxo

angie said...

What a fun field trip!! That is awesome that you got all those great pictures. Hot pink...for boys, not good-I like the faded maroon. Such sweet teachers!