Thursday, February 18, 2010

sNOw Way

Friday morning we woke up to a
little bit of snow!!!
Quite the BIG deal in Waco, Texas!!!
There was just enough for Walker
to throw some snowballs!
That's all that mattered to him!!!

My daughter might not look a thing
like me, but I think she feels the same
as I do about Old Man Winter...

While Walker, just like his daddy,
LOVES the cold and snow!!!
I had the hardest time getting this
crazy kid back in the house!
Nothing like a pink fur coat with your
brother's CARS hat and gloves!!!
Speaking of...when I finally agreed we
could go outside, I told them to go
get their hats and gloves on.
Haddie Girl took this quite literally!!!After Wild Man went to school,
Hadlee, Hudson and I stayed in and
played the day away.
I had another "sNOw Way" moment
when Hadlee wrote her name with
absolutely no prompting or help from me...Soooo, she put the "L" before the "D" and
she goes a little crazy on her "E's".......
but stilllllllllllll!!! I was SO proud!
I had no idea she could do this.
I have Mrs. Janice (and Walker) to
thank for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shhhhh...don't mention this, but Walker
could not, better yet...would not write his
name when he was three years old.
He was far too busy to slow down for that!
Here she is drawing a self portrait
to go along with her name...

Gotta love those "sNOw Way" moments!!!

6 comments:

angie said...

Oh the Waco snow day, I love a late start in the morning! If only every day would begin at 10...Way to go Hadlee on writing your name, I love those E's:-).

Blessings from the Reeds said...

Too cute! I love the snow pics. What a treat to be able and show them someday it DID snow in Waco when they were little. Love it! Also, lovin' Haddie writing her name. That girl can draw. wow!

Rhonda said...

Yeah for Haddie! I bet you were a PROUD MOMMY!!! You need to go to my blog and check out my snow pictures! We had unbelievable record breaking snow in Dallas!! 11 1/2 inches on Friday - craziest thing EVER! It was beautiful - and we are not used to snow either, so it was delightful! I wish Walker could have thrown some of those snowballs!!!! We even had enough for snow angels and sledding - he would have loved it!

Katie said...

I can't believe Waco got some snow! Wow. I never saw snow the four years I was there. Glad ya'll had a fun time. ; )

The kids' Valentine outfits are precious!

Kimberly said...

GO HADDIE GIRL! Hope you are feeling better! So sad I missed your callS yesterday! xoxo

Beth E. said...

A snow day for you - how wonderful! We've had lots of snow days recently. Kids here have missed a total of 14 days, the last 7 being consecutive! They finally went back to school today.

Hadlee is one smart little girl to already know how to write her name...that's awesome!

Hugs for all,
Beth