Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oink Oink

The Pierce Party of Five
is ready for something to
get the OINK OINK outta here!

Sickness has invaded our house
and totally interrupted our pure baby bliss!
Started off with a bad virus on Thursday
for Walker. He scared me to death with over
104 temp on Friday afternoon. Then Hadlee
woke up with fever on Saturday morning.
We assumed she had the same virus, but
she became so sick that I had to take her
to an Urgent Care clinic on Sunday night
to learn that she actually has the SWINE FLU!
She has been such a sick little thing
and has broken our hearts.
Her little eyes just make me want to cry.
Walker seemed to get over the virus
and even returned to school on Monday.
But unfortunately he started running
fever this morning at school so Troy picked
him up and took him to the doctor only
to find out Walker has the SWINE FLU, too!
I took this pic before we knew Walker
had it. We were letting him get a little
bit close to Hudson since his fever was gone.
It is driving the kids CRAZY not being able
to see or touch or love on the baby.
And now they can't even be in the same
room with him! Pure torture for ALL of us!!!
This little angel has had such an awful time.
It just hurts my heart and oh she has been
so needy for her mommy and daddy.
At one point she asked me if we were going to use
every last one of her pj's up. WE HAVE!
Sweetie Pie literally slept the entire day
yesterday after having to take some phenergan.
This is Hadlee sitting outside of Hudson's room
watching him. She was begging
to come in there with us! Bless her sweet heart!
Walker was scheduled to run a mile with
Troy in the Miracle Match Marathon
on Saturday morning,
but of course he had to miss out.
He wore his shirt for it to school on Monday.
He's such a stud muffin!!!
Walker must have checked his temperature
over fifty times on Sunday because we told
him he could be with Hudson once he was
fever free for 24 hours. He missed being
with his baby bro so, so much!!!
He made it 24 hours but then caught the
swine flu so now he's back to square one...
which includes NOT being any where
near Hudson AT ALL. Glad he got
these last moments with him the other night!
We are doing EVERYTHING in our power
to keep Hudson healthy. We pray a lot,
change our clothes, wash our hands,
pray some more & use LOTS of hand sanitizer.
You don't realize how difficult it is to
keep your children out of the same room
until your doctor orders you to do that!
Thank Goodness Troy has been able to
stay home and help me.
I told him the other day that I thought
we made a great team when our kids
were sick. He looked at me and said he
thought we made a great team all the time.
Good point, T-dawg!!! I agree!
I must say that Hudson is THE sweetest little
thing and SUCH a good baby.
We are so, so blessed
and SOOOOOOOOOOOO in LOVE!Please say a prayer with us that
Hudson will stay well. It could be really
bad if he were to get the swine flu.

Today was better for Haddie Girl. She is eating a little bit and this morning she, daddy and Walker had fun playing football. Haddie was the field goal! Once fully dosed on Motrin, Walker was feeling a lot better and even played basketball in the kitchen all afternoon!Walker also dressed his sister up this morning in his fireman Halloween costume that he wore when he was three months old!!! Troy and I were so happy to see them laughing and smiling!

To top things off, my mother's sweet sister passed way on Sunday after battling Alzheimers for several years. My Aunt Katy was a wonderful, fun loving, hilarious person. She hasn't been her self in years due to that awful disease. My mother has been amazing driving to Corsicana to sit with her sister, take her things, get her hair done, help her niece, and just love her sister through this ordeal. Katherine will be very missed, but we know she is much happier now getting to be her crazy, fun self again in Heaven!!!

I am so sad that I wasn't able to attend any of the services for her because of all the sickness in our house. My sisters and I have always loved Aunt Katy so much! She was such a character!

I am so thankful I have these pictures of her with Walker and Hadlee even if they don't really show the Aunt Katy I knew. She was still her sweet self even when the Alzheimers had taken over.

Finally I leave you with Hunky Hudson just a swingin' all by his lonesome in his room (poor guy!) and just being the best baby in the world!Our hoodies, friends and family have been WONDERFUL to us during this time. We are overwhelmed with everyone's kindness!!! Have I mentioned how blessed we are?!?

It's a rough time for the Pierce Party of Five right now, but nothing like what so many go through with no end in sight. My heart has been extra heavy for people like sweet Kate McRae's family and dear little Walker Rainey's family. I am committed to praying for them all the more.

Thank you for the prayers and here's to no more OINK OINK in this house!!!

13 comments:

Beck said...

Oh you poor thing Mindy! We have been nothing but sick around here for the last few WEEKS and some days I feel like I can't take anymore. But each time I feel like that I think of sweet Kate McRae, so I'm glad to see that your heart is also heavy for her family. Landon and Brynne are such active kids, and have been (Thank God) so rarely sick. So this has definitely been a challenging, and very hard month for us. So sorry to hear about poor Walker and Hadlee suffering with that darm swine flu. Your pictures of Hadlee sleeping next to a bowl look exactly like the pictures we have been taking around here. You must be so stressed, with the added work a newborn baby brings. My sister is due in a week and a half and I am constantly praying that I will be 100% healthy by the time baby Ryder is born. I will keep your family in my prayers and also keep my fingers crossed that sweet Hudson remains healthy! Stay strong Mama!! Thinking of you!

Kimberly said...

Oh Mindy! I am so sorry all this is going on! Know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Jeanne Dittmann said...

Oh Mindy, I'll be praying that everyone recovers quickly.

Bekah F. said...

My goodness! You've been a busy mama! I'll be praying that Walker and Hadlee make a quick recovery and that Hudson (and you and Troy!) stays healthy.

Blessings from the Reeds said...

You know RoRo and family are praying BIG time over here! We are so worried about our beautiful friends and their beautiful kids. Casey said a prayer at dinner last night that I couldn't even eat afterwards because it was the sweetest prayer over the Pierce family.
We are all praying over that baby! God is sooo good and I know he hears each prayer being said. Chin up and breathe.....you know our motto.....Rely on your Faith. You guys are doing an amazing job over there!

I love this saying "Tough times never last, but Tough people do"

Praying on.....
You know we are here if you NEED anything!
Keep me updated~
Loves ya dearly,
RoRo and family

angie said...

Oh sweet Mindy I am sooooo sorry to hear about all this. I am praying protection over you and Hudson and peace for your whole family. I know how stressful sickies are and I cannot imagine trying to keep everyone seperated!!! Love you friend, hang in there!

Beth E. said...

Bless your and Troy's hearts, Mindy...bless Walker's and Hadlee's hearts, too! I'm so sorry those two cuties have been sick. You have to be absolutely exhausted! Wish I could be there to help you.

Praying, praying, praying for Hudson to stay protected from this illness. He's such a doll...no wonder big brother and big sister have had a hard time keeping away from him! ;-)

Love,
Beth

christy rose said...

I am so sorry that you are having to endure sickness in your kids. Hopefully Hudson will remain healthy through it all.

Katie said...

Hudson is so alert, I love it!

I'm so sorry for all the sickness going around in your house. No fun at all!!

Hope everyone is on the mend SOON! Love!

Shannon said...

OH NO! I am going to be praying now that sweet Baby Hudson stays free and clear of any of those yucky bugs. That sweet picture of Hadlee and her bowl made me want to cry! Poor baby! Get well and stay that way! I am sure that little guy has many more people to meet!

KKGrimmer said...

Hoping and praying that Walker and Hadlee get well soon! Mr. Hudson has really grown! I'm also praying for protection over you, Troy, and Hudson from the terrible 'oink, oink'!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, oinkers!!! Now listen, if H and W need to come here for a while to allow Hud to escape the sickness, send 'em on! We've already mastered the oink-a-roo, so we can't get it again......at least that's what they tell me! :) So, sweet baby love will be covered with cute blankets and lots of prayers! Gosh, he is the cutest little ever! I can't believe how much Bowen looks like H did in those last pictures when they were wee lil' bits! That is amazing! I am sending a little thought surprise tomorrow but now that I know the kiddos are sick, I might just have to open the box and add a few extra goodies for the Big bro and Big sis, you know?! I mean, seriously! So happy for you and the fam and will pray without ceasing for a healthy Hudson!! Oh, and because of you and me reading alllll the time, Bowen wants a baby brother again!! Here we go again!

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness - what a time the new Party of Five is having....yuck. I am so sorry Walker and Hadlee have been so sick. Those pictures of Hadlee are heart breaking, especially the one sitting outside of Hudson's room....pitiful little sweet pea. I am so far behind on reading this, hopefully all is well in the Pierce household by now!