Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Walker's KickBall Day

Fifth Grade KiCK BaLL DaY 
at River Valley on 
Mrs. Williams' Wonderful Watermelons Team:)
Williams' Watermelons were AWESOME!
Walker's Socks:)
My boy in action!!!!!!!!!
Walker pitching...
This was one of their break times...
Doing the "nene"???????
We love Pavan!!!
Daddy just couldn't resist;)
Oh to be in fifth grade again;)
Lined up for more games and Walker is first up!!
My fave couple:) who actually act 
like they have never even met each other!!! ;)
After lunch, I picked up Big Huds...
he fit right in with the fifth graders!
LOVE my BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huds also hooked up with this cutie pie!!!
We love Julia:)
So glad they will grow up together!!!
There are so many great guys 
in the fifth grade with Walker ~ like Cole!
The kids played kickball games ALL day long!
Then it was time to pour water on everyone;)
They even got Mrs. Williams...
Best Buds!
Amanda picked up the South Bosque littles!
How fun that Hadlee, Jersi and Cannon 
all have bigs in the same grade:)
My other fave couple:) although Cannon
is the only one in this relationship that
thinks they are a couple!!!  ;)
SiXTH Grade Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sweet Girl in her Mrs. Wellborn shirt taking it all in!
And of course, Big Jo!
What would we do without Jonah!?!?!
Very thankful for Walker's homeroom teacher
this year...Mrs. Williams!  A true Christian 
lady who has loved and taught my boy well:)
I couldn't be more proud of this young man!!!
He is kind to EVERYONE, works SO HARD
and is funny funny funny!
He was voted by his class to be the Team Captain
which also made me proud.  Unfortunately 
Walker turned down the honor (which is a 
whole 'nother story!!!) because he just 
wanted to play kickball!!!  He just "wanted
to play the game...not be in charge"!  ha!
He actually ended up really regretting 
that decision (perhaps after a talk with mom
and dad about being a leader especially 
when called upon)...but it was a 
great lesson learned.  I'll take lessons like this
any day!  (Especially since I kinda didn't
blame him for just wanting to play kickball!)
One thing from this day that I thought was
really cute happened right before lunch. 
Walker ran up to me just about to say 
something and then he remembered
Daddy was there and immediately
jumped over to him,
"Do you want to stay and eat lunch
with my friends and me in the classroom?"
I had almost made the cut...
but not quite!;)  ha!
I love that:)  It's how it should be.
Daddies can be cool, too.  


Way to Go, 
Williams' Watermelons!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

snekcip said...

I see the school year is still in affect in your part of the woods also. Last day for Bre is Friday. I had to laugh at "not making the cut" because "Dad...sometimes CUT MY TIME too", It's all good though. I take it all in stride. She is truly a Daddy's girl and that's okay with me. :)