Thursday, May 26, 2011

December at Texas Neuro

Grandmother decorated Trav's room
at Texas Neuro for Christmas...
We became quite comfortable spending our
weekends at a rehab hospital...
A sweet friend of Trav's even sent
some Superman ornaments!!!
 Travis is still using this horn!!! 
Thank you, Reeds!  :)
 Uncle Troy & Travis playing poker.
God bless Trav's heart...he couldn't
even hold his own cards.
 Travis kept winning...
it was amazing for us to begin to see
how Trav's mind was still so sharp
and still so THERE!!!
 UNO, for us of course!  ;)
 One day Walker jumped in the car from school
and handed me a big manilla envelope. 
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw
that Walker's entire class had made
Christmas cards for Travis. 
I could not believe Walker's incredible
teachers had thought of this! 
They were THE sweetest, most innocent,
most precious cards I had ever read. 
This one was my most favorite...
 Of course it was Walker's...
This is now framed in Trav's room in Dallas.
Childlike faith...there's nothing like it. 

Matthew 18:10 NIV
See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

1 comment:

La Casa Chavez said...

I don't comment much Mindy but you called it perfectly with your take on Walker's "childlike faith." Reading his card about Travis walking out of the hospital sent a jolt through me immediately. So emotional, what an amazing boy you've raised. Still wishing the best (of course) for you and your family during these long days. Much love.