Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pausing...

There's usually at least one moment a day
when I just have to stop & reflect...
just pause and give such thanks for
my three precious babies.  Sometimes
it's a quick "Thank you, Lord" and
sometimes I'm so overwhelmed with
gratitude that I just have to cry. 
I.am.a.blessed.Mommy.

The other night, after the H's were
 already asleep Walker and I were
talking and he said, "Remember how
I told you we won our soccer game
at recess?  Well, I think it's because I
 suggested that we pray before the game."
Say what, Brother Walker?!?
I thought it the cutest thing and even
more so I was just impressed with his
confidence in the Lord to make this
suggestion outside before a pick-up
soccer game at recess! His little buddy,
 Matthew, volunteered to say the prayer:)
I need to pray every single day over
their little lives that they keep on praying!!!
No matter where,
no matter when,
no matter how old,
no matter the reason!!!

Press the PAUSE button!!!
This sweet kid is growing up too fast:(
I was going through Hadlee's papers in her
backpack the other day and came across this
picture she had drawn:
a boy, a girl and the word LOVE.
Say what Sister Soul?!? 
Hadlee was already asleep so I couldn't
ask her any questions about it, but
of course I took it straight to T-daddy. 
He didn't think it quite as cute as I did!
UNLESS that boy in the picture was
meant to be him;)  I really think it
might be Walker???  In fact, I overheard
her tell Walker the other day that she
might date him someday.  He was QUICK
to inform her that dating your brother
is totally against the law!!!!!!!
 
Regardless...press the pause stop button
LITERALLY on this one!!!;)
She's my little angel!
Recently this little love of my life
has been saying THE sweetest
thing to me..."Mommy, I need you."
I hear it all the time.  He kisses me
all the time, too.  This kid really does
melt my ever-lovin' heart. 
"I need you"
Could it get any sweeter than that?
Sometimes it's to help him put on
his new Nike coat that he wants to
wear 24/7 or to assist him in getting on
the two pairs of pants he likes to wear
(at the same time all day long) 
or to put on his one baseball glove....
but best of all,
it's mostly that he just wants me near him.
Cheek to cheek a lot of the time...
 snuggling ('nuggling!) and loving.
 
Pause.Pause.Pause.
He's my precious baby boy...
I have A LOT to pause about!!!!!!!!


***I wrote this post on Thursday, December 13th
and set it to post later.  On Friday the 14th,
I spent almost the entire day at the kids'
school helping with an auction.  I had no
clue the horror that a school in Connecticut
had faced that very day when a gunman
came in and shot twenty precious, innocent
little children and six school workers.  After
we got home that afternoon, I hit Facebook
to wish Robin a happy birthday and
started seeing the posts about this event.
I couldn't turn on the television because
of the kids, but my tears couldn't stop
falling.  Every worry in my life
immediately seemed insignificant and stupid.
I just can't grasp what happened.
There are truly no words....
only heartfelt, faithful and earnest
prayers for these families. 

Here I am with my first grader
and fourth grader that afternoon
in one of the happiest, safest places
I know...South Bosque Elementary.
I just can't fathom or understand what
has happened to these poor families in CT :(
We took the kids to see Santa that night.
After we got home,
we told the kids about the tragedy. 
I hated telling them about how
evil sometimes exists in this world.
 
Today, I hold my babies tighter, love them
even more and pray more fervently.
 
I also plan to PAUSE a lot more...
 Praying for the families in Connecticut...

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pair anymore, for the former things have passed away." 
Revelation 21:4

1 comment:

Beth E. said...

This is beautiful, Mindy. I wish I'd had a pause button to hit when my boys were little!

You are so right...there are no words when it comes to the terrible tragedy in CT. I can hardly bear to even think about it. Those poor families.

I think it's so important to let people in our lives know just how precious they are and how much they are loved. I know, without a doubt, that your sweet kiddos know that they are loved!

You are a dear, sweet friend and sistah! I love you very much. :-)