Tuesday, December 4, 2012

70 Years!!!

It was SUCH an amazing experience
to be in church with THIS couple
whom we love so very, very much...


On Sunday, November 25th,
we attended the 70th
Wedding Anniversary for
Maggie & Robert Robinett...
our beloved grandparents!!!
That morning there were about
40 of us from the family who
joined them at their church. 
The entire sermon was surrounded
around them!!!  It.was.AMAZING!
The Pastor talked about how he had
never known a deacon and deacon's
wife like Maggie & Robert. 
Had I dreamed of the perfect
sermon for this day,
this would have been it!
He talked about their love
for one another, their family,
and their church.  He talked about
their service and their kindness.
He talked about their sincerity.
He talked about their love for the Lord.
I have always known and thought
these things about Grandma and PaPa
Robinett and it was just so
incredible to hear their Pastor get
up and say these things!!!
I sat there and listened and prayed
with all my heart for Troy and I to
strive to be like them...
even just a little bit like them!!!
 
Ryan and Brandy, our cousins,
sang PaPa's favorite song.
It was beautiful!!!
We had the kids with us in "big church"
(and they behaved!).
 I was so thankful for THEM to hear
about their Great Grandparents like this.
It was a beautiful day to celebrate
two very special people!!!
These two people exempifly what it means
to be Godly people.
They have lived in the same house forever...
and it's always been filled with LOVE.
These people know what matters in life ~
not wealth or material things...but love and family.
I am so thankful to know them and love them!!!
They are the most beautiful couple I know.....
I love this picture SO much!
Troy adores his grandparents and has so much
respect for them.  I love to hear him talk
about them and how much they have done
for him in his life.  They are truly the real deal.
Aunt Jean, Aunt Gail and Linda did
such a wonderful job for the party!!!
I would love to still have my grandparents.
I am so thankful that my children not
only have wonderful grandparents,
but ALSO great-grandparents!!!
They seem to make each grandchild feel special:)
Poor Hudson was tired after three days
being away and pretty much just needed a nap.
Picture taking was not in his cards that day;(
I know that Grandma and PaPa Robinett couldn't
possibly love me as much as their own
grandchildren, but they certainly make me feel that
way.  From day one of joining this family,
I have felt just like one of the grandkids.
I remember a couple of years ago being at
PaPa and Grandma's house and PaPa
had to leave to go deliver Meals on Wheels.
I remember thinking...
THEY need to be receiving those meals
not delivering them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
James & Cindy with the Guests of Honor ...
Talk about examples for Troy and me to follow!
Not just in marriage and family and love...
but in LIFE and serving God!!!
Troy's mom just cried all during the
service that morning listening to the pastor
talk about her parents.  So sweet!
So very blessed to have
Great Grandma Pierce, too!!!
The Bartholomews...
Even Spiderman showed up
at the end to love on PaPa & Grandma;)
A very special day of sweet
celebrations with my little family...
I am thankful I married this guy...
and not just because of the wonderful
grandparents I got out of the deal!!! ;)
Happy, Happy 70th Wedding
Anniversary to the most amazing Grandparents...
 
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: