Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Johnny HEISMAN Football

So, my husband and son make no quams
about putting down Baylor, my school. 
Walker and Troy are Aggies tried and true!
In fact, they bleed maroon.  

Since A&M moved to the SEC this 
year (which I was completely against...but
of course my two Aggies supported 
wholeheartedly!), I thought I would 
finally have a year where Baylor could
shine a little bit especially after 
our awesome season last year ~ RGIII!
Well, at the VERY beginning of the 
season Walker just happened to be
making some Baylor remarks so I 
chimed in, "At least we have a 
recent Heisman trophy winner!"
Keep in mind this was during maybe
the second A&M game of the season
before "Johnny Football" was even
Johnny Football!!!!!!!!!!!!
but Walker popped back with,
"Just wait A&M is going to have one, too."
I was like yeah right......
and then Walker offered me a bet.
I didn't hesitate in the least!!!
Our bet was ON!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a bet I had absolutely
NO DOUBT of losing;
hence, the $500 wager!!! ;(

Fast forward a couple more games
during the season, the Aggies
impressing everyone, AND 
the birth of "JOHNNY FOOTBALL"!!!
I was watching a game with 
Walker & Troy when I heard the 
announcers say that if 
"Johnny Manziel can pull off 
this one, he might be a contender
for the Heisman trophy!"
SAY WHAT?!??!?!!!???!!

You've never heard such goings-on
from a kid for the rest of the season...
as Johnny Football continued
to dominate!!!!!!!!!!
The way he says 
"Johhhhhhnaaaay Foooooootball"
and "fiiiiiiiiivvvvve hundred dollars"
will forever ring in my head!!! ;)

As the end of the season approached, it
became more apparent that Johnny Manziel
did indeed have the best shot at 
winning.  Therefore my excuses began 
to flow.  I'll go ahead and make the bet
NOW that Walker will always get
any future bets in writing!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not going to suggest he NOT bet
because, wow, that was one good call 
he made very early on in the season!!!
Kidding!!!  I'm against gambling;)
That Aggie blood and pride runs deep.

On December 8th, we watched
as the Heisman winner was announced!!!
Look at Walker's anticipation...
These two were SO excited!!!
Honestly I was, too!!! I can't help but 
love me some Aggies;) AND some 
Johnny Football!  Such a great kid!
2012 Heisman Winner....
from Kerville, Texas,
the Texas A&M Quarterback ~
JOHNNY MANZIEL!!!!!!!!!!
The first freshman to ever win the Heisman!!!
BOOOOOOOOOO-yaaaaaaaaaaaa!
MOM, you just lost fiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvve
huuuuuunnnnnnndred dollllllllllllars!!!
These two were so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Listening to his speech:)
Doing the "Heisman"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love my little Aggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ordered Troy and Walker 
Johnny Football shirts for Christmas.  
They literally had arrived THAT day so I could
NOT resist giving them their shirts that night!
I tried telling Walker his shirt 
was worth $500 since Johnny had
won, but he didn't fall for that!  ;(
My handsome Walker Football!!!
He didn't gloat AT ALL!  
Yeah riiiiiiiiiight!
I pray he never, ever loses his 
fighting Texas A&M spirit!
I love and admire it...
Of course he wore the new
shirt to church the next morning
(where we even had to walk down to 
the front during the service
to place toys under the Christmas trees!).

At least maroon looks nice with khaki;)
I have assured Walker that over
the next few months I WILL give
him $500.  It's just that it will 
be straight from his daddy's paycheck
into his college fund.  He doesn't like
that answer, but mama don't got 
fiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvve hundred dollars!!! ;)

Congratulations to Walker  
and
Johnny HEISMAN Football!!!


No comments: