Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Carols & an Auction

The fourth graders at South Bosque
sang Christmas carols at Waco City Hall...
Their songs sounded so beautiful!  
...especially in this building.
I view Kate as my own daughter
at things like this;)
These two...both so precious and sweet.
BuT sooooo not into girls/boys (either one). 
Still.an.arranged.marriage.though.
Have to laugh at photo bomber, Brayden!!!
Mrs. Wellborn's FuN fourth grade class!!!
Walker, Nicolas, Cade
Mike, Nash, Walker, Nicolas, Cade
Ella Reid, Kate, Matthew,
Brayden, Nash, Walker, Nicolas
Jared and Walker
Jed, Ryan, Jared, Mike, Nicolas
Ryan, Jared, Walker

That afternoon was the 4th Grade
"Behavior Bucks" Auction.  All year the students
earn "bucks" for good behavior OR lose "bucks"
for bad behavior.  At the end of the semester,
there is an auction for alllll kinds of cool stuff. 
The kids literally bid and fight it out auction-style;)
Walker ended up with an iTunes gift card, a book,
and a Wal Mart gift card.  He was pumped. 
Walker pretty much had all of his bucks except
for the two that they took from the entire fourth
grade and one when I forgot to sign his notebook! 
The Moms were in charge and it was quite
the experience!!!  Thank Goodness one of our
fave dads was the auctioneer!  ;)
My two favorite South Bosque students!!!
It was also "baseball jersey" day...
I love being at school with
these two sweet kids...
I just can't help but feel happy there. 
But also sad that this is Walker's last
year at South Bosque :(
After spending the entire afternoon
at South Bosque, I came home to learn
about the tragedy that had taken place
at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut.
Still just can't believe that:(
 
Several times during the weekend, I heard
reporters encourage parents to question
their children's school about safety
and the precautions that they have set up.
That thought never EVEN crossed my
mind.  I have full assurance in the way
BOTH of my children are protected,
supported, taught AND loved at
South Bosque.  I know that sometimes
things in life just can't be prevented,
but I have every confidence in the world
that the people at my kids' school
will always do their best to
protect and love my children.
I am so thankful for that feeling.
 
Praying for all the families affected
so horribly by the tragedy at Sandy Hook:(
 
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted;
He rescues those whose spirits are crushed."
Psalm 34:18

No comments: