Monday, August 15, 2011

Texas Ranger Game

Ever since Walker was on the Texas
Rangers Little League team and had
such a FUN time playing,
he has been obsessed with the real Rangers!!!
Walker was SO pumped when Troy
told him that they were going to
a REAL game at the ball park in Arlington!!!!!!!
Of course, we had to go shopping next:)
Walker was #10 on his team and;
therefore, he loves #10 on the Rangers which
happens to be Michael Young.
Young is an awesome player and,
even better, a REALLY great guy!!!
The coach and the team speak
so highly of Young:)
Troy was able to get tickets for
Michael Young night at the ball park.
A YOUNG jersey was a MUST!!!
Walker was determined to be
FAN of the Game.  He was sure
he would get it...I think there were only
like 35, 000 people there that night;)
He wanted me to make a Superman
Travis sign and I came up with the
Walker Texas Ranger one!!!:)
And guess what?
They showed Walker AND Troy
on the jumbotron screen with his signs!!!
Even focused in on the
Walker Texas Ranger one!!!!!!!!
(The one Troy had made fun of!!!)
He told me he forgot to
show this sign!  ha;)
(I told him that's why he didn't
get fan of the game!)
The game was July 25th which just
happened to be the one year anniversary
of Trav's wreck.  I knew I had to be
with Travis that day...just like I was
one year ago.  It turned out so perfect
for the boys to drop me off with
Travis while they went to the game.
Haddie and Huds stayed with my
parents, Aunt Michelle & Logan!
I hated leaving my two littles :(
But of course I knew they would be
fine and have a ball (which they did!).
It was so fun to be with just our #1
that day, too.  Actually quite weird
to tell you the truth!
Walker & Troy were so excited the whole
drive to Dallas.  They were really into
their "guy" thing.  I asked Walker to pass
me some fries after we made a quick stop
at McDonald's.  That stinker picked the
smallest, most burnt ONE to pass to me.
He and Troy thought that was a hoot
and told me that's what I get for
going on a guy's trip;))))))
My two hunks leaving for the game.......
This was batting practice when Troy
and Walker were trying to catch a fly ball...
 AND THEY CAUGHT ONE:))))
A fly ball AND on the jumbotron!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a night!:)
 I thought I had trained Troy to take MORE
pictures...I mean, come on!  But the above two
and the one below were all I got!!!
The Rangers won BIG that night.....
even broke a record for most runs scored
in a game.  (Rangers 20, Twins 6)
I think my boys brought them good luck;)
This was a view from their seats which
they loved.  That's the Ranger dug-out.....
A couple of new shirts, a Michael Young
plaque, a game ball, souvenir cup and
no telling what else;),
they picked me up from Trav's at about 11:30
that night.  Usually Trav is given his night time
meds before then to put him to sleep, but
this night he got to stay up
 so he could see the guys.
That thrilled both of my 
 good lookin' Texas Rangers!
I love the father/son relationship
between Troy and Walker.
I swear they grow closer with each
passing day.  It's really cool! 
I never dreamed I'd have to share
my Walker D like this!!!;)

No comments: