Sunday, August 7, 2011

June CNS

We LOVE getting to visit Travis
at the clinic where he spends his days
in therapy from 9 to 4...
The first day Lynna was at the clinic,
she found this "skinny" mirror and
texted me about it.  I got there a couple
of days later and immediately
without looking for it found the mirror
and forgot to ever mention it to her!
I finally remembered and we
have loved taking pics in front
of it ever since;)))
Walker couldn't get over his crazy mama!;)
Physical therapy on the Treadmill...
this is HARD work for Travis.  VERY HARD.
Eric is Trav's counselor and he is
a God-send!  He is Trav's favorite
person at the clinic and he is
such an amazing person!
He even counseled me;)
He told me, through my many tears, that we
(as in the family) need to grieve for Travis
and his old life.  He said that this is the
only Travis that he and the people that
work at CNS have ever known and
they think he is the GREATEST
patient and person they've ever had there. 
So what if Hudson likes to
wear Haddie's head band...
No wonder a lady in the hall
said, "Oh, what a precious.....child."
A WALKING MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!
My sweet, former student Alesia who
often visits Travis.  They were in theater
together...she was Juliet, he was Romeo.
Her first kiss ever and she's
always said what a gentleman Travis was. :)
Happy to be there to SUPPORT.........
...our Super Sweet Superman!!!!!!!!!!!
This was practice on standing...
and he was doing AWESOME!
Travis loves his little sidekick;)
What a good brother;)
Taking Travis to lunch...
he sits in a conference room everyday
for his feedings rather than be in the
cafeteria with everyone eating.  :(
Hunter, Hudson and I went with Trav to his first
ever music therapy class.  The therapist was from
outside of CNS.  He opened up by going around
the room for everyone to introduce themselves.
He had no idea Travis could not talk.
I said this is Travis and THEN he said let's
go around and tell what music we like.
He still didn't get it that
Travis can't say a word. :(
I think he realized it finally when he
saw the tears rolling down my face
as I was sitting behind Travis.
I could hardly bare it all. 
We managed to make it through
and of course Travis became
the therapist's favorite of the group
and was his pet throughout the
hour.  THIS is how Travis
felt about music therapy though............
When Travis goes to speech or counseling,
we slip away to eat...
which is always an adventure with THE STORM;)
Walker and Hadlee spent the day
with my friend Shannon's kids in Dallas.
They had a BALL, but they were
also so excited to see Travis again that night:)
Sweet Aunt Michelle putting chap stick on
our baby;)  We love to love on him and try
to think of everything that he might need.
We stayed until the nurse gave him his
night time meds and he drifted off to sleep. 
SO handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even with a faux-hawk!;)
Making funny faces in the mirror during
Occupational Therapy...
She was helping Travis to reach up with his
right arm, straighten it enough, and place
an X on the sticky notes. 
This was not an easy task.
Your brain controls every function...
and when your brain has a traumatic
injury, you can no longer do even the
most simple of tasks like make an X on paper. :(
THE STORM...
I don't know what else to say
about the following pictures...
they are PRICELESS to me.
Kindred spirits who absolutely
melt.my.heart.
To think I worried and cried over
the fact that I thought Travis would
never know Hudson the way he
knows Walker and Hadlee.
Just another miracle...
a very, very sweet miracle.
Poor Walker D was getting sick.  :(
While the STORM + Hunter raged on........
Jen thought it would be a great
challenge for Travis to vaccuum...
As usual, he did awesome!!!
Getting to stand next to Travis like this
is just an unexplainable feeling.
For so many months we didn't
get to hug him or stand by him and
never knew if we would get another chance to.
Travis is just famous for his 6'4" hugs!
Such handsome and sweet brothers...
The day before we left, we got word
that our cousin Mical (43) had suffered a
stroke.  This is my Aunt Kitty and Uncle Ron's
son.  Michelle and Lynna literally grew up
with Mical and his brother Patric
(remember I'm the baby by several years!).
We left CNS to head straight to see
Mical at the hospital in Waco,
but NOT before taking a picture
with Superman to show our support
for Mical!!!:)
Then my mother, sister and I cried
most of the way home because
we hate leaving Travis.  :((((

No comments: